Corsair Community

Damaged my h150i pro

Tyg420

Hello, saturday I got all my pc parts so I started building my first build, however, my h150i pro came soemwhat damaged, there was a pretty severe bend on the radiator but I thought that was normal, later on I tried to screw the long screws in so I could screw the radiator on top of my pre-atatched ll120 rgb fans, I thought this was the way to do it because there's a glass panel on the 500d RGB SE that you cant remove, so theres no way to access the screws. Turns out you can take out the frame the fans are attached to so you can put on a radiator, but, I already penetrated the radiator with screws. So now I have a radiator that is damaged out of the box, but also even further damaged by my actions. I dindt buy the cooler from corsair directly, but from a webstore. However, how does warranty work here? I received a faulty product, but at the same time I damaged it. Did I throw away 150$?

Well, the good news is the screw damage is meaningless. A lot us do that at some point, there is little heat dissipation on the fringes, and there is no water flow along the edges. You can use it for a normal product lifetime with no ill effects. However, it’s kind of hard to judge the other issue you are describing. If it is clear and visible, I would try to exchange it with the vendor. If their return policies are unfriendly, then certainly contact Corsair through the ticket system.

Well, the good news is the screw damage is meaningless. A lot us do that at some point, there is little heat dissipation on the fringes, and there is no water flow along the edges. You can use it for a normal product lifetime with no ill effects. However, it’s kind of hard to judge the other issue you are describing. If it is clear and visible, I would try to exchange it with the vendor. If their return policies are unfriendly, then certainly contact Corsair through the ticket system.

Are you sure the screw damage isnt a problem? The idea of going through the radiator like that sounds very damaging, the 2 non-screw parts that are damaged, seem fine. one is still connected to the tubes just slightly bent, i bent it back a little with my finger. The other was a little more severe, it was not only bent to the sides but also tilted, I also used my nail to correct this one and now they seem somewhat fine, im just really worried about the fact I put screws right through them, in ~8 spots if I recall correctly, there seems to be some silver residue aswell. Are you sure its fine? I'm new to pc building, if I ever have to take my build apart to fix this radiator im gonna have a really bad time. Building is frustrating enough, the radiator just made it worse I really dont want issues down the line, only one of the screw spots seems to have visible damage, aside from the fact they're all bent pretty agressively bceause of the screws, It looks like some metal/silver whatever residue that might fly of and enter something while running the pc, I can probably remove it but even then the idea of having so many screws penetrate the board sounds like some pretty serious damage. I tried to attach images its the best quality I could get, the non-screw damage seems fine

611170974_image(1).jpg.7e2f447359677178e06eb38ec07efe5a.jpg

546961672_image(2).jpg.580405b8004b7216ea0be373ed001ec4.jpg

1249653378_image(3).jpg.13d239d9926c238b37e2ff3213734257.jpg

1195284447_image(4).jpg.f6fb3c591eff557f3c59ab6d8e16348d.jpg

The coolant only goes up and down two channels or so through the middle. Try not to drive a screw through center. Aside from that, poking the edges with a screw is bound to happen sooner or later and there are no fluid channels there for a reason. If you could see a thermal image, the heat is carried by the fluid and radiates out along the central channels, then is dissipated from the fins with the help of the fans. If you are not close to the fluid channel and not under the fan (like side edges), there isn't a lot of heat release going on. There are other radiator designs that have more or intricate channel arrangements, but you don't see that in AIO coolers.

OK, you have some mis-pressed fins. I would like to say this is abnormal, but it's not. Pretty much any AIO you buy is likely to have at least one spot like this somewhere. The press that churns this things out is not exactly surgical in precision. Does it have a meaningful effect on performance? Doubtful. Is it annoying? Surely. I do not know Corsair's current position on bent fins. Often this is not an accepted reason for exchange across all the brands and they would have to replace half of them. I have a different brand, but it comes from the same assembly line. It has only been out of the plastic once. It also has a few bent fins. I would try the vendor first, who likely takes them all and sends them all back.

Archived