Corsair Community

VOID turns off every 15min now :(:

Bruhno

Since the new update to the CUE software my headset seems to turn off every 15 minutes even though it still plays sound. I'm saying that since it's only supposed to turn off every 15 minutes if it's not used.

You removed the CPU eating bug, thank you very much for that but this is equally annoying, hope you might know what is going on here.

- Bruhn

What is your battery level at? If it's breathing red it may be low on battery.

It was doing that on a full charge but a complete reinstall of the software and drivers instead of just updating the software seems to have fixed these 2 issues for now. I assume the software is not supposed to be able to look for a new FW at this point or is that something I should be able to fix so I can grab it later this week?

I have the same problem... i also made a thread about it yesterday.

i have Firmware version 31.00 , i literally just now got the option to upgrade to 33.00, lets see how that goes. will post an update when its done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: now the headset wont work. The logo continue to change colours consistently on a loop with one of the indicators at the end of the mic blinking red, instead of just haveing the logo glowing yellow like i've changed its standard to.

I have the same problem... i also made a thread about it yesterday.

i have Firmware version 31.00 , i literally just now got the option to upgrade to 33.00, lets see how that goes. will post an update when its done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: now the headset wont work. The logo continue to change colours consistently on a loop with one of the indicators at the end of the mic blinking red, instead of just haveing the logo glowing yellow like i've changed its standard to.

This helped some other guys earlier today:

Find something you can put into the dongle (the wireless connector) and hold it in, in the little hole until it starts to rapidly blink. Make sure your headset is turned off before doing this next step. While the dongle is blinking in fast repetition, hold the power button on the headset and it should pair with each other once again. Hope this helped.

To note Chris, the issue has returned once again even after updating the FW to 33.

Same issue here. Updated CUE this morning, then firmware. Firmware stuck at zero for a couple hours the first time. Canceled and restarted and it updated successfully. Then had to re-pair the headset. It is paired, but sketchy. It didn't seem to charge at first, until I connected first, then plugged in the cable. It seems to have charged correctly now. However, I keep having the shut-off issue every 11 minutes or so. I've been watching a movie in VLC media player and it has shut off 4 times in the last hour. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had the issue with the headset turning off earlier today. Every 15 min or so. Very annoying. Here is my setup at the time of the issue:

- Windows 10

- CUE version 1.11.85 (Beta release that fixed my high CPU issue. Thanks to Chris on this one.)

- Firmware 31.0

I upgraded the firmware to version 33.0. After doing the re-pairing dance, everything is working wonderfully. I just used the headset for an hour with no issues.

Here is my working setup:

Windows 10

CUE version 1.11.85

Headset Firmware: 33.0

I hope this setup works for others.

Here's a "thank you" to Chris and the developers. I'm enjoying my new headset now.

CUE : 1.11.85

Firmware : 31>33

The program begin from last night, still not update the FW to 33, watching movie with Potplayer and play CS:GO, both have same issue.

And then updated the FW from 31 to 33 and re-pair it. The problem still there, playing CS:GO the headset always turn off.

Hope can get the hotfix soon.

Thank You :laughing:

I think I fixed this problem for me.

I had this trouble as well. After a while I decided to try and reinstall the Corsair CUE software. This seems to have worked well. I've been gaming for a few hours now with no dropout. Maybe give that a go and see if it works for you.

Having the same power off issue, every 15 minutes or so. Didn't happen before I upgraded the void firmware to V33. Well, I say that – I did noticed that before the upgrade, when the headset was silent for 15 minutes that it would shut itself down. I always figured this was part of the battery saving feature, and when sound was playing it would stay active. It seems with the latest firmware this has gotten screwed up and just turns itself off regardless.

I'm running CUE 1.11.85

Windows 10 home 64bit (upgrade from windows 7 home premium)

Programs usually active when it happens: During Skype call. Watching a twitch stream with Firefox.

Watching a YouTube video (in Firefox), or playing games seems to keep it working – sometimes.

Void battery is charged and showing well in the CUE device list (currently 75% as I type this and I've been using it for the last 5 hours). Was charged up last night.

I noticed after the firmware upgrade and re-pairing of headset to dongle that the headset was no-longer the default audio device for speaker / recording. I have fixed this.

I've also tried uninstalling / rebooting / reinstalling / rebooting CUE software to no avail.

Hope these details can help Corsair to nail down the issue.

*edit*

Well I've been doing some more tinkering. It seems that the headset shuts itself down when I'm using the microphone in a call (currently tried with Skype and Jitsi).

However, I have found that if I'm running Winamp in the background, with the volume set to 1, that the headset no-longer shuts down when using it for calls while I have music playing.

Hope that helps someone >_<

Archived