Corsair Community

vengeance 1500 driver issue - flash?

fux_deluxe

I recently purchased this headset and finally got around to installing it, but right off the bat I had some strange problems.

When I installed the v1.1 drivers, flash crashed in all my browsers (firefox, chrome, IE), rendering youtube videos unviewable. When I uninstall the headset drivers, the issues with flash resolve.

The headset control panel utility also freezes regularly and I was unable to switch from stereo to 7.1 without crashing it. The headset works in stereo on stock win drivers, but I can't get them to work in surround that way. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but more often than not this gives me BSOD and it usually takes three or four times to properly install/uninstall the drivers.

Has anyone had similar problems and do you have an idea how to fix it? Thanks.

I did, and I also uninstalled Flash altogether, and the headset control panel still crashed, so i guess the driver/control panel was the issue all along, crashing flash along with it and not the other way around.

Today, after cleaning the registry entries (instructions: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=591165&postcount=11), updating Flash, reinstalling the drivers and changing the usb ports again the headset works perfectly. Apparently, all it needed was a little persistence on my part and help from the corsair tech support team.

Archived