Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT 120GB not being recognized after restart

Bressani

Hi,

This morning while booting up my computer I got an error from Windows Boot Manager saying that the device (Corsair Force GT) was not found. And checking the BIOS I couldn't find it listed under the boot options as well *weird*

I've shutdown the computer again and turned it back on, this time the SSD was showing up in the BIOS but was not selected as primary boot option so I selected it.

Got to the loading screen but something was weird again, it was taking a lot longer than it usually takes.. after a few minutes I was able to sign in but everything started to become unresponsive so I restarted the computer.

While booting up the same 'device not found' error showed up *hmm* ... restarted again... nothing. Shutdown everything, checked BIOS and it was back there... but not as boot device again.

After a lot of patience I was able to get back in, everything was slow/not responding, and every simple action taking minutes to complete... And if I restart it disappear again until I power everything down and on again.

Since then I've been lucking around for a solution or diagnose to understand what's happening, and I did find similar issues where people had to replace the device but wanted to make sure that's the only option :[pouts:

Have you seen this issue? Is there anything I can provide you that would help in the problem determination? Options?

After some time I finally got to the S.M.A.R.T panel from the Corsair's Toolbox. Attaching photo since it's taking hours just to start the browser.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20150402_200401_20150402201216332_20150402201322921.thumb.jpg.8df0b2efcf86ea24d2b5b7068ed7ed1d.jpg

I had a FORCE LS 120 GB SSD , and I encounter the same problem too, after reboot, my SSD was not recognized by the BIOS and I'm unable to use my computer anymore...:[pouts: Someone please help

If you haven't yet, try this;

A different SATA data cable and SATA port.

Different SATA power connector.

Update the BIOS to the latest.

If the SSD is still in warranty (three years), I would suggest you replace the drive. Make sure you upload a picture of your invoice as proof of purchase. it could possibly be a faulty drive.

@MbcHc,

Request an RMA to replace the drive if it is still in warranty (Three years). As mentioned above, make sure you upload a picture of your invoice as proof of purchase.

Archived