Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless: How Do You Get Speakers to Shut Off/On When Headset is On/Off?

The_Riddler

I've got the Void Pro Bluetooth wireless headset and it works great, but I am very much wanting to figure out how to get it to work more seamlessly with my computer's speakers.

I have a Creative Labs Soundblaster Z internal sound card in my 64 bit Windows 10 system. I have 2.1 Bose speakers plugged into the sound card's audio out 3.5mm port. I want those speakers to be the "default" playback for the computer.

HOWEVER...

I have the Void Pro's bluetooth module plugged into a USB port on the computer, and when I turn the headset on I would like for the computer to automatically sense that and make the headset the playback device. Then when the headset turns off, have the computer default back to the speakers. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Unfortunately...

I have not found any way to get the computer to do what I consider to be this very simple task. The only way I can find to change the playback is to go into the sound settings by right-clicking the volume icon in the taskbar (lower right) and going through the whole process of setting either the speakers or the headset as the "default" device. Then if I turn off the headset, I have to go back in and set the speakers back to the default and on and on and on.

It's not a complicated process, but it seems so totally unnecessary. Does anyone here know of any way to get the system to swap playback to the headset automatically when it turns on/off?

Or is this one of those situations where Creative Labs, Corsair, and Windows all get into a Mexican standoff and point fingers at each other?

I don't remember seeing that as an option, but I'll double-check it later this evening.

But ultimately, shouldn't the computer be able to sense when the wireless headphones come on and just switch to them automatically without the user having to do anything (after the user sets it up to do that)? In the past, unplugging a headset would always automatically switch playback to speakers. Just seems like turning a wireless headset off should do the same thing.

I guess I didn't see that menu arrow when left clicking the speaker icon in the tray. It does indeed allow you to select the output with one click from the icon, which is a much better solution than having to drill down into the menu and change default playback options. So it'll do as a solution.

However, I really WOULD like for the computer to just pick the headphone automatically when they turn on if it is possible to do that. Is such a thing feasible, or do you pretty much have to tell windows which playback to use? Seems like Windows should be flexible enough to do that kind of thing at this point.

Archived