Corsair Community

digital signature??

kidlat020

I'm getting this... this effing error with the VOID headset

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

and this is after running the installer (CorsairUtilityEngineSetup.MUI_Release_1.16.42..msi) for 3 times and restarted this PC one time.

if it helps, I also have the M95 mouse installed. It's just called Corsair Gaming Software. Should I remove this program first before installing the other one? here's its info when copied

Software: 1.00.00.14

USB Mouse:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B06

Manufacturer: Corsair

Product: Corsair M95 Mouse

Firmware: 2.24

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

one more edit: the headset works fine when I uninstall CUE and never reinstall it. but of course that means no dolby surround or that things.

If you are running Windows 7, its known and if i recall correctly, it could not be reproduced at Corsair so it was deemed possibly bad Windows install, etc.

A fix a would be to disable driver signature enforcement.

It appears the obtaining a certificate to perform driver signing costs hundreds of dollars per year and not every software developer can afford that kind of money especially when their software is freeware or open source. Fortunately, there are ways to force the unsigned drivers to load in 64-bit (x64) versions of Windows 7, 8 and Vista.

microsoft literally stabbing the backs of all developers.

• 2 months later...

Archived