Corsair Community

Faulty LED

madcap123

Started to use the third replacement K70RGB LUX but after a couple of days the K key is displaying the wrong colour. Sometimes it fixes itself, but reappears again at random.

I'm using a low opacity white on all keys but the K is showing a light blue colour and will show the wrong colour no matter what I set it to.

This happened on the previous keyboard, but that one, and the previous, were sent back over faulty switches. I'm wondering if it's an early sign of it falling apart. Google gives me loads of results for this LED problem but people seem to be RMAing them or requesting some hard-reset firmware (esc key reset method didn't fix it). :sigh!:

Also, as a side thing, I have a M65 RGB mouse but the middle mouse button has been faulty for a long long time. The mouse is out of warranty and I have opened it up and laughed at the cheap switch they used for the middle-button (was it a space issue?). I have a good soldering kit and was thinking about replacing that switch. Does anyone know the item code or recommend a decent switch to replace it with?

Archived