Corsair Community

Additional 4 pin CPU power using CS750m power supply

ZeLucid

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my old rig to a new one using a crosshair hero vi motherboard. However I found I need 8+4 for CPU power. Trying to reuse my old CS750m is there a way to power this board short of buying a new PSU with the extra connector.

Thanks in advance.

I read wrongly.

here you for previous generation.

The 4-pin EATX12V_2 helps provide extra power to the CPU when you're doing extreme overclocking. In normal day use it isn't needed. But if your PSU or future PSU has that extra connector, there's no harm in connecting it to the motherboard. The 4-pin EZ_PLUG is similar to the 4-pin EATX12V_2 except that ir provides extra power to the GPUs. Once again, unless you're running 3 or 4 GPUs, you don't need it.

I have the same issue. Acutaly I bought a X99-AII and a CX750. The motherboard has a 8x pin and 4x pin but the PSU has only a 2x4 pin. I thought about two alternatives:

1) plug only the 8x pin and see if it works

2) split into 2x4 and plug half to the 8x pin and the other half to the 4x pin.

I use the computer for video editing and I wont use more than 1 GPU.

What should I do?

See the additional 4pin is only for over clocking. For all just plug in 8pin cpu pin. The board should boot fine with that power.

Dont worry about additional 4pin or 8pin cpu socket.

Also dont use y splitter it was confirmed that it would spoil both the board and psu.

Archived