Corsair Community

Memtest errors

xtbe

Hi,

Since yesterday I got memory management dumps in Windows 8.1. I placed the RAM on my test bench and ran Memtest 5.01 and I received a lot of errors during the test. (see attachment)

Am I doing something wrong or is the RAM broken and am I eligible for RMA ?

If so what procedure should I follow to get the RAM replaced?

Tnx for the response and help

20140212_184013.thumb.jpg.b1e1547bcfbc1f5910bdd553ba3c37f0.jpg

Hi,

Tnx for the reply.

In the meantime I tested with one module a time in the default slot and 1 module is giving the same amount of errors, the other module is fine.

Do you need screenshots of it as well? If so, please let me know

Hi,

Tnx for the reply.

In the meantime I tested with one module a time in the default slot and 1 module is giving the same amount of errors, the other module is fine.

Do you need screenshots of it as well? If so, please let me know

Yes, they are eligible for an RMA. Warranty on memory is lifetime , so if they ever fail they will get replaced.

It's pretty simple though,one stick works, the other doesn't. Have the kit replaced.

I read your other post in the memory forum...did they issue you and RMA number yet? And did you get any emails with shipping instructions?

Hi,

Tnx for the reply, really appreciate it.

I didn't receive any RMA number, the ticket # 6409845 is still in status NEW

This is strange, unless I should directly proceed with RMA instead of a general inquiry (i wanted to ask first if it was eligible for RMA)

I also didn't get any email on shipping instructions.

Hi,

Tnx you for your effort.

Since it was clear it could be RMAed I closed my previous ticket (information inquiry) and created a RMA request.

I added all documents (proof of purchase / memtest error screen) and requested an RMA.

I've chosen to replace it with express delivery. So the replacement memory is already on it's way and today the courier will pick the package with the memory to be send back.

So should be solved.

Archived