Corsair Community

No Audio with Void Wireless RGB and Steam In-Home Streaming

dbs_64

When I start a Steam game stream, there is no audio when the Void headset is selected as the default audio output in Windows. If I select another device for audio out, there's no problem. No other application has audio issues, including games installed on my local machine.

This problem started last night, after the Steam client forced an update. Before the update, the audio would be severely corrupted, unless I selected another audio output device, started the stream, switched back to my Void, and went back into the game. After Steam updated, there is no audio if the headset is the default audio output when the games stream starts, and the audio becomes corrupted if I used my fix.

I've tried reinstalling the void headset, resyncing the headset, reinstalling CUE, rolling back CUE to the previous two versions, opting-in to the Steam client beta, and restarting both my PC's several times. The only partial solution I've found is uninstalling CUE, which has my PC using the default Microsoft USB audio drivers. When I do that, there's no issue whatsoever with the game stream. The problem there is that I lose the surround sound (which makes the audio just sound "blah"), the custom lighting profile, and worst of all, the mic will not work.

I've tried asking Steam technical support and the Steam community forums, but tech support refused to even attempt to help, and no one has responded to my Steam forum post. I don't know where else to turn. :(:

Archived