Corsair Community

h80i not showing in corsair link

rossgrogan1

recently reinstalled link and when i was trying to turn down the fan speed as it was too loud, i noticed it was not there ?

i am on windows 7, i've tried changing the registry for win 8 fix just to see but never worked so change back, tried 3 other usb headers on mobo, tried uninstalling and reinstalling link. not completely sure what else to try :/

any help would be amazing

If the H80i isn't detected in Device Manager with the mini B to Type A cable, its may be a faulty unit.

I'd suggest you try other versions of the LINK software as they are all betas.

im currently using version 2.6.5214

i wouldn't like to think its faulty as it used to work when i first got it (christmas)

Don't worry. The Commander unit (Silver Box) is part of the Corsair LINK kit. You wrote "trying a commander firmware update" which was the reason i asked.

i read somewhere that a commander update may be required but when i tried it stopped responding :/

The commander firmware update (2.0.6) is only for the commander unit only.

Unless you are referring to the Hydro Series firmware update, 1.0.7 is the latest and may help with the detection issue. If the software does not see the H80i, it won't update the firmware. It needs to see it before it can update the firmware.

Install version 2.4.5110 and see if the H80i is detected. If it is, you can update the firmware to 1.0.7.

Also check if the H80i is detected in Windows correctly. There should be a device named "Integrated USB Bridge" under Device and Printers (Control Panel) with no errors.

Archived