Corsair Community

Voyager Air 1st Gen Playback Issues

banner1124

OK, so because Apple broke the ability to playback iTunes downloaded movies via my voyager air I was forced to convert them to mp4 before loading onto the drive. Just recently did several movies with a new program and loaded them onto the drive. Playback of the converted movies on my PC works flawlessly. However, when on a flight yesterday I started playing one on the voyager air and there was an issue. Seems like the videos would pause for a second or two every few minutes (or even more frequently) while playing. This does NOT happen when I play these movies on the PC, AND it does not happen with older movies that I converted using another piece of software.

Just trying to figure out if it's a voyager air thing, or if it's an issue with the new software I'm using or a combo of both? I wasn't sure what the rules were for mentioning this other software so I'll leave that part for any replies. Thanks.

Update: I'm going to do another conversion today with some different settings and test it out. My gut reaction is that it has more to do with how I converted the file than anything with the voyager air. Will report back my findings later this evening.

Archived