Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Pro mouse button 4 and 5 do not work?

Draconerus

I have this mouse, but unlike my previous mice such as the Naga Pro you have to program all of the buttons in order for them to work properly by default.

I cannot figure out how to get my Corsair Scimitar Pro mouse button 4 and 5 to act as simply mouse button 4 and 5. It seems to want to be set as DPI and profile switch with no way to get it to work like a normal mouse setup as mouse 4 and 5.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to resolve this?

So this is my first post, but this issue has been an endless point of frustration for me with this product. Don't worry, you can remap button 4 and 5. Here's how:

First, you need to create a Software Profile, you cannot remap them on a hardware profile as far as I'm aware. Yeah, it's really dumb.

Click Actions on the left hand side. Click the + icon to add a new action and use the dropdown to set it to A/B remap. when you click on the picture of mouse button 4 it will say Profile Switch on your lefthand column. Don't let it fool you, that's just the name of the button in CUE. Use the interface to set it to Function: Mouse Button ---> Forward Button. You can tell you are doing it right if a little yellow triangle shows up in the corner of the little black box in the main window.

Now simply repeat the process again to map Mouse 5 to the Back Button, and then do it again 12 more times for your keypad and voila. I'm not much of a writer but I really hope this is clear enough to get you through it. Cheers.

I figured this out a while back and it worked fine, but today there seems to be another bug where CUE is defaulting to hardware profiles even though I have the software profile I created selected. I deleted all my hardware profiles and it cleared up the issue. I'm sure this may cause problems for some, but if you just wanna play WoW like me and have the buttons do what they are supposed to, then this is what worked for me. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find a great price on your next Razer purchase.

• 3 months later...
So this is my first post, but this issue has been an endless point of frustration for me with this product. Don't worry, you can remap button 4 and 5. Here's how:

First, you need to create a Software Profile, you cannot remap them on a hardware profile as far as I'm aware. Yeah, it's really dumb.

Click Actions on the left hand side. Click the + icon to add a new action and use the dropdown to set it to A/B remap. when you click on the picture of mouse button 4 it will say Profile Switch on your lefthand column. Don't let it fool you, that's just the name of the button in CUE. Use the interface to set it to Function: Mouse Button ---> Forward Button. You can tell you are doing it right if a little yellow triangle shows up in the corner of the little black box in the main window.

Now simply repeat the process again to map Mouse 5 to the Back Button, and then do it again 12 more times for your keypad and voila. I'm not much of a writer but I really hope this is clear enough to get you through it. Cheers.

I figured this out a while back and it worked fine, but today there seems to be another bug where CUE is defaulting to hardware profiles even though I have the software profile I created selected. I deleted all my hardware profiles and it cleared up the issue. I'm sure this may cause problems for some, but if you just wanna play WoW like me and have the buttons do what they are supposed to, then this is what worked for me. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find a great price on your next Razer purchase.

How do you click on it if it's greyed out...?

Archived