Corsair Community

800d hot swap bay failure

Goohead

so just got my 800d delievered to my house last week, after installing the entire system and cooling, went to boot, and low and behold, bios doesnt read my primary ssd with my os on it, but detected my other 2 hard drives just fine, and my dvd writer.

thought i had a bad sata cable, so moved the drive from 1 hot swap bay to where one of the other hard drives are, so now i have 2 hard drives. reads the drive fine. so i thought must have been a glitch, puts in the 3rd drive, system freezes.... wtf, reboot again, and its now missing the hd again....

hook up ssd to where the dvd drive is, off the hot swap bay, everything works fine..

either a set of bad sata hotswap bays, or messed up hot swap bay power cable.

im using a corsair tx1000 power supply on 1 gtx280, with a quad core (waiting on sandy bridge mobos), and runing a laing d5. so i know power supply is not an issue.

googled the issue, and found this site, and read some threads of users having similar issues. i then wrote a request for rma on corsair support site, but no response yet.

ticket # 1918633

can a corsair rep help me out? get me a replacement sata boards, and replacement the power cable? the 4 to 1 power one that connects all the drives?

i just bought this case from best buy on 2/16/2011, still have my reciept and i dont want to have to return it and wait for another to ship.

also will the sata boards be sata3 kind or do i now have to spend extra $$ to upgrade even when the original is manufactures defects

sometime last week mid-end if i recall, usually i get an email notification that my ticket has even gone through, but this is my first time using corsair ticket system and got no notification, which gets me to think if it even went into the system

Well, at least I’m not alone! I have the exact same problem with my 800D. Same bay! I also was missing 10 of the standoff screws, had a fan with a broken blade, and the cover for accessing the CPU back plate had a busted hinge pin. The box was not damaged at all. So I’m not sure how all that happened!

I called the customer service due to the fact of the big red paper that says “DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE”. (CompUSA)First he tells me to RMA the case! Really? It would cost a fortune in shipping. Then he gives me an email address to contact. csgmarketing@corsair.com

No reply! So I call back and speak to Kelvin. He tells me he will take care of it for me. COOL! Now keep in mind that this is the day after I bought the case so I don’t know that I have the other problems with the hot swap bay yet.

Well, I get a box from Corsair today and right away I can see a problem. It’s too small to have everything in it. Sure enough, just the screws. No fan. No CPU cover plate.

I have sent Kevin another Email and submitted a ticket today. I am really upset about all of this. I spent top dollar for what I figured would be a top notch case. Any help we can get on this would be appreciated! I don’t mean to hijack your thread Goohead but we have the same problem. Kind of…..

Thanks!

Archived