Corsair Community

H150i Pro & RGB Fans setup questions

LeKrang

Hi,

I am currently looking to build a new rig and went ahead and grabbed some LL120 fans since they were on sale on newegg.

I am planning on getting a Lian Li Dynamic White computer case which can take 9 fans with or without rads.

I currently have bought a 3 pack of LL120's with the lighting node and rgb hub.

I also grabbed 3 x LL120's on their own.

I went ahead and ordered a commander pro also.

So now I am looking at changing the ML120 fans that come with the H150i Pro for RGB fans.

I figure if I buy another 3 pack of LL120's with the lighting node and rgb hub I should be ok to control all fans and rgb on them.

Is this the case?

6 fans power would be plugged into the commander pro and in 1 RGB Hub also going to the commander pro.

Then the 3 LL120 fans on the H150i Pro would be plugged in where the usual ML120 fans would be plugged for power, and then plugged into the 2nd rgb hub also going to the commander pro.

I think I got this figured out, or am I totally in the wrong?

Also, how good is the h150ipro at cooling an overcloked i9-9900k ?

Thank you!! :D:

This seems to be the day for the 011. Yes, I would change out the ML120s for the LL120s for aesthetic reasons on that case.

You have the Commander Pro, 1 Lighting Node Pro, and 1 RGB Lighting Hub at this point. This leaves you 1 RGB Lighting Hub short, if you go 9 fans. You could buy it separately from Corsair ($10 USD), but it might be better value to get another triple pack LL120 depending on where you live. If the difference is nominal between 3 x LL120 singles + $10 RGB hub, then you now have a backup Lighting Node Pro for about $5.

Commander Pro will have 1 LNP off the USB port. Both the C-Pro and LNP will have 1 RGB Lighting Hub each. The RGB hub is lighting power conduit. The C-Pro/LNP are the lighting control/software interface device. That's going to be 4 SATA connections by the way. Commander Pro will control fan speed for the 6 case fans. The H150i will control the three on the radiator from its internal fan controller (one more SATA power line).

Let me know how this goes. I am looking at this case, with these fans, and trying to assess how I will put 2x360mm radiators in there. Hearing some fit issues with the vertical side mount, which what I like about the case. Also, you can mount 6 LL120s and have them all face forward. Where were you thinking of mounting the H150i?

H150i is plenty of cooler for the 9900K. You will hit a temp/voltage limit long before coolant temp becomes the limiting factor. The only way you can get more is to go to custom thick 360mm with high fan speeds. Kind of ruins both the point and aesthetic of the 011 (and most other cases).

Oh, I was under the assumption that I could bypass the LNP's entirely since the commander pro has 2 'LED' plugs and just use 2 RGB Hubs and the C-pro.

Is there a reason why this cant be done?

My plan is to mount the 6 fans at the bottom and vertical side in intake mode.

The set up the H150i pro at the top in exhaust mode.

Seems like the most logical setup to me since heat rises... but I have seen people do it everyway possible..

Ughh... my LED strips have been in this case so long I forget it has more than 1 channel. So yes, you can run 2 RGB hubs from the Commander Pro. Price analysis is still the same. I am looking at Amazon now and 3xLL120 singles + $10 for RGB hub comes in at $2 less than the triple pack with the hub and an extra LNP.

With 9 fans running, I am not sure how much natural convection will be occurring but you seem to have 3 mounting placements. I suppose I lot depends on your GPU and if that is going to be the big heat source in your system. In the other thread, my suggestion was H150i in the vertical as exhaust (mostly so you can see the lighting), bottom 3x120 intake, top 3x120 exhaust. It keeps the GPU heat away from the H150i, shows of the lighting, maintains natural heat pathway without using the H150i as a restrictive point of exhaust. However, the next question is can you tuck the H150i radiator in the rear compartment, but send the hoses out to the front. There seems to be some issues with the fit and some case power plugs.

Hmm interesting....

I actually saw at a few places that 3 intake fans at the bottom with a discrete gpu placed horizontally creates a heat pocket/tornado in the area below the gpu. Don't know exactly how overblown that observation is though.

I assumed that then adding the 3 intake fans on the vertical side would mitigate that somewhat since it would have some air coming in that area at 90 degrees to push that hot air out. I might be wrong though.

I thought about going the riser route but at that point you can really put fans on the bottom...maybe 1 if your lucky.

I wonder if anyone as tried top and bottom as exhaust and side as intake.

I know that in gamer nexus' tests the vertical side mounted fans seem to provide the best possible airflow for intake fans. Then the top and bottom exhaust could each get rid of the hot air in the 2 critical zones of the board.

I'll need to try stuff out,

Archived