Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D Case Problem... I think

kenanderson2002

Hey all, hope you're all doing well.

I have what I believe to be a very unique problem and I just cannot figure out what's going on. I just recently built my rig; Intel i7, Windows 7 64-bit, MSI video card, all the bells & whistles... it's a fantastic system and I'm very happy with it. My only problem is my case, I think...

A few days ago, my system wouldn't turn on. At all. My Gigabyte mobo has a power button on the board, so I opened up the case and pressed it... nothing. I unplugged the rig, plugged it back in, and pushed the power button on the mobo. Started right up.

THEN, I replaced the side panel on the Obsidian and the computer turned off. No shutting down, just went off like the power went out. Really weird. So then I opened the case, and had to unplug and re-plug in the system to get it to turn on. Finally it did, then like an idiot, I put the case's side panel back on and everything went off again.

This leads me to believe there is some sort of short in the case, but that only leads me to another problem: I paid $165 for this case and I already cut up the box for the rebate. Plus, I really don't want to have to take this thing apart again and spend the time rebuilding everything. I am a very busy student so wasting another entire day is out of the question.

My question is, is there some sort of sensor or something that may be shorting out my rig? If there is, I want to just bypass it somehow so I can put this case panel back on without needing to use scotch tape.

Thanks everybody!!!

My question is, is there some sort of sensor or something that may be shorting out my rig? If there is, I want to just bypass it somehow so I can put this case panel back on without needing to use scotch tape.

Nope, no sort of sensor, but be sure your not pinching the Case Power leads somewhere . And also check all your Mb stand offs for any that may be loose. Sounds like a ground issue somewhere.

Archived