Corsair Community

Corsair H115i needs frequent slapping in the butt.

minlian

I have the Corsair H115i to cool my i7 7820x. I used it for video editing. When rendering videos from Premiere Pro, my cpu temp reaches around 80 degree celcius and still climbing, to solve this issue I slapped my radiator once or twice and this would bring my temps back to around 65 degree celcius. Is this normal? Is my cooler failing?

Yes, it most likely has some type of partial blockage. Ironically, your treatment is the last ditch remedy I occasionally suggest while waiting for RMA. It will buy you some time, but the gunk blocking the flow will come around again. Contact Corsair Tech Support through the ticket system to start the RMA process.

I suppose you could make an argument it was an air bubble, but those usually come with strange pump noise. The blockage usually “sounds” normal. Also, if this has happened more than once or twice, it is not likely to be an air bubble unless it you move the pc right before it happens each time.

This happened whenever I moved my PC to a new location or taken it out to clean the inside of the PC. Also, my fan rpm stays at 1541 even when the system is at idle and the load is also about 90%. As for RMA, My location is a disadvantage so I’m saving my money for NZXT Kraken X62. I wont be using Corsair no more. I trusted them but not anymore

Archived