Corsair Community

Press capslock through macro not working

ygolohcisp

Hi everyone,

I have a K95 RGB and a long time ago I mapped capslock to ctrl in the registry by using the "caps_lock_to_control.reg" from this site.

(I did this because it reduces strain on the wrist when working with lots of ctrl-heavy commands.)

I never missed capslock, but now it turns out I need it because I installed Bitwig Studio (for music production) and the only way to use the PC keyboard as a MIDI keyboard is by toggling it with the capslock key.

I could just run "remove_scancode_mappings.reg" from the above site, but I still want to have capslock as a ctrl key, and since my keyboard is a K95 I thought "let's just use one of the G keys as capslock for the rare times I need it in Bitwig", so I created a macro in the Corsair software like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ELFsmuF.png

And I assigned it to G14. Now when I press G14, capslock isn't "pressed" (which I check by typing in Notepad before and after), but the macro is being called, which I see because the keyboard shows the "red" lighting animation associated with the macro. So I tried another macro, capslock2:

http://i.imgur.com/ywsh6eC.png

Which is also successfully executed but also doesn't "press" capslock...

So: What am I doing wrong?

The .reg script from the above site only maps ctrl to capslock on the key scan level, it shouldn't prevent Windows from being able to process virtual key presses of capslock. The .reg only does:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout] "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,1d,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00 

Do you have an idea how I can use one of the G keys to simulate a capslock keypress?

Kind Regards

Thanks for the quick reply.

"keystroke" is what I used in the first macro (which showed it as "Input key/keys CapsLock".

I also though it must be the one that should work, but it doesn't :(

When you click "record" in the macro editor and then press capslock, does it also show "Input key/keys CapsLock" or does it show "Press key CapsLock" and "Release key CapsLock"?

Archived