Corsair Community

It can't be me...Lighting Node Pro won't work

MajorBoosh

I use SIV to check and it shows no connection of the LNP.

You need to use at least SIV 5.17 Beta-06, ideally Beta-12 or later.

Post [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Setup] + [Link LEDs] and see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892388. If the LNP is not listed on [Link Devices] post [uSB Bus].

Your PC specs seem to be half there when I look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/member.php?u=166010, but for some reason they don't show up on your post. You should add the motherbaord + Windows 10 Build number + ... anyway and maybe this will make them show.

Hi, I've had the same situation, today delivered my new LNP. I use SIV and not CL4 so I've checked all and restarted SIV have solved my issue. Open the LED configuration in SIV and set Rainbow (rather than Static) or what you want (a set of choice are available and I will update the SIV guide soon) to check if all right.

I'm happy now :)

Thank you Ray.

Here's the info you wanted Red.

1. All is as it should be, so what is your issue?
  2. Is the LNP getting the +5 volts it needs from the SATA power connector? If not then Windows will see the LNP, but the LEDs won't light.
  3. What is plugged into each of the two LNP ports?
  4. You need to use Menu->Tools->Configure->Link Setup to tell SIV what is connected and then press [save].
  5. For SIV to change the LEDs you need to press [Apply] on the [Link LEDs] panel.
  6. For SIV to do this automatically on start-up you need to press [save] and then use -AIOCTL mode.
  7. The two LNPs have different serial numbers. Do you have 2 x LNP?
  8. I would press [uninstall] to remove the ghost LNP.
  9. Add your motherboard etc. to your system specs :asskick:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28071&d=1488689973

All is as it should be, so what is your issue?

LNP is not lighting up at all, detected, but not working

Is the LNP getting the +5 volts it needs from the SATA power connector? If not then Windows will see the LNP, but the LEDs won't light.

How do I check that?

What is plugged into each of the two LNP ports?

I have it setup 2 in each port.

You need to use Menu->Tools->Configure->Link Setup to tell SIV what is connected and then press [save].

Seems to not want to save

The two LNPs have different serial numbers. Do you have 2 x LNP?

Nope, just one

I would press [uninstall] to remove the ghost LNP

I removed the ghost one, still not working

You need to use Menu->Tools->Configure->Link Setup to tell SIV what is connected and then press [save].

Seems to not want to save

Attach the panel screen shot and also attach Menu->Machine->SIV Setup->SIV Setup AIO.

Is the LNP getting the +5 volts it needs from the SATA power connector? If not then Windows will see the LNP, but the LEDs won't light.

How do I check that?

I would use a Multimeter, do you have one? It's needs to show about 5 volts as below.

I suspect that either the LNP is not getting the +5 volts that it needs or it must have a fault. Unless you can confirm the SATA power connector is supplying +5 volts I can't know which. Can you connect the LNP to a different SATA power cable from the PSU? Interpose the disk and LNP SATA connections and see what happens.

It's still early days for the LNP and as yet I don't know what typical issues are. My LNP just worked and so did LicSqualo's, though one of his LED strips had one faulty blue LED.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28143&stc=1&d=1489153968

1072902635_LNPshouldbeabout5volts.thumb.png.0a70e1b096f103bc9b2475b890e25105.png

• 1 month later...
So I got an RMA LNP and tested it as well, still no lighting. I can't check the voltage since I don't have a multimeter. I do know that all my SATA power cables work, I checked them against my hard drives. I just upgraded, and tried it on my new MB, same issue. My next idea would be to try and get a new PSU....

• 3 weeks later...
So bought a new PSU(brother needed a new one, so i gave him my old one and got a new one for myself). Tested sata power, was a little under 4.8 volts. Didn't work with that PSU.(EVGA 80+ 850W), got a new Corsair HX850i, plugged in LNP and nothing. Still at a total loss as why it will no work for me....

Archived