Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Gaming headset RGB flashing red

ScooterPA

Hi all. Just received my headset today and had it charging for a bit. The light on the mic was a solid green and so I thought it indicated that the battery was at full charge according to the manual. I unplugged it and installed the software and whatnot on my PC.

When I turned the headset on, the RGB was flashing red. Huh. Well maybe it got wonky or something in transit. So, I plugged it into my computer using the USB cord. It briefly pulsed amber then went solid green again. I unplugged the headset and turned them on and boom! Flashing red RGB again.

I then opened the CUE and see that it is telling me that the headset is 93% full. At the moment, it doesn't seem to want to go above a 98% charge. Even so, when I turn them on (after unplugging them from the USB charge cord), the RGB continues to flash red.

Should I return them or am I missing something?

Thanks!

First, let me say thank you for your responses. It is very kind of you to take the time to try to help me out.

Second, yes those are the lights in question. So the manual says that when it is blinking red, it means that the battery is very low. Are you telling me to simply change the color? That doesn't seem like a solution to me.

To be honest, I just turned the lighting off completely due to the fact that I don't really care about it and the manual said that it would greatly extend the life of the battery's charge. But if the blinking red light is an indication that there is something wrong with the headset being that it is almost fully charged, then that is kind of where I am going with my questions.

EDIT: I was just using them and the CUE was showing 38%. It beeped once and then about a minute later, they shut down. Something seems screwy.

Hmmm so I just re-read the manual and apparently the side LEDs only indicate battery life left if the headset is in use and plugged in/charging. So that's where I made my mistake. Thanks!

However, I charged it over night and it only reached 96% charge. This was after fully discharging it yesterday. Thoughts on that? Last question, I swear.

Archived