Corsair Community

Corsair GT 120GB bad sectors/blocks

press

I have a Corsair Gt 120GB ssd and it is about two and half year old.I have had problems with it bad sectors/blocks thrice.first time at 2012,now twice two weeks ago and yesterday.

Is there any explanation for this,except that the ssd somehow faulty?

Most of the times S.M.A.R.T. values are not correct. Install the SSD toolbox and use the S.M.A.R.T. tool and see if there is really a problem with the SSD.

Are you experiencing any issues with the SSD?

Run a ATTO benchmark and post a screenshot.

Are you experiencing any issues with the SSD?

Yes,when there has been the bad block issues,haven´t been able go to my operating system the Windows 8.1.Last two times of the bad blocks have been able to fix the bad blocks by the HDD Regenerator somehow temporary.Everything is not working 100% exp.there is missing some of the microphone properties settings tabs for the Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter.

S.M.A.R.T. tools shows that everything is ok with the SSD,but for some reason there comes the bad blocks for it time to time and fix the issue completely you have to reinstall the operating system.

Don´t know is this enough to get a SSD to the warranty,because the S.M.A.R.T. tools shows that everything is ok?

ATTO.jpg.ceb07f48bddd7c2e2bb98f481e0b71b6.jpg

2032155866_IMG_0056(Large).thumb.JPG.dfad96552c45f41a80da3a1d6c7f1482.JPG

The ATTO results seem fine, but it's not the best indicator if the SSD is working fine.

What you can do,

Backup all your important data, secure erase the SSD, reinstall Windows and see if you encounter any issues through the install process or after the install, e.g. BSOD or errors when booting into Windows or opening a application.

or

Request an RMA to replace the drive and upload a picture of your invoice as proof of purchase. The SSD has a three year warranty.

Archived