Corsair Community

ForceGT 120GB with 5.07 Raid.

I bought a force gt 120 around 2012. The drive has FW 5.05 and has worked flawlessly for years now. Recently I purchased another one because I couldn’t pass up the deal when I found a referb model on newegg for dirt cheep. The new drive came with firmware 5.07 and I wanted to keep the firmware consistent because I bought the drive to complete a raid0 array. Firmware 5.07 was not an option for updating my old drive so I downgraded my recently acquired drive to 5.05 as was recommended per Corsair tool box. My question is will I be ok to raid the drives with the downgraded firmware? I run Windows 8.1 on a z77 Motherboard. I have not seen any information on this matter, Thanks much.

In my tinkering I have got gotten the trimcheck tool to report back success, but not consistently. It seems if I start ATTO then quickly run the trimcheck tool, the results report back success. Should I consider this a conformation that trim is indeed functioning correctly? Or am I just triggering Garbage collection. I have found no other way to get the trimcheck tool to report as working unless I run the ATTO benchmark tool and even then it don't always work.

trimtest.thumb.png.719fc4b5203ae1ad89ad44e42fafa92d.png

If i remember correctly the IRST v11-12 drivers and OROM added TRIM support for RAID0. on Z77 chipsets, So TRIM should work normally. I'm not quite sure about trimcheck, have you tried running it as admin and putting it in the RAID0 drive?

Archived