Corsair Community

BIOS switch stuck

Zeptic

Hey! So about am hour ago, I managed to move the bios switch on the back of my keyboard. No big deal, right? Well, it wasn't, but it's stuck now. There's no way to move it in any direction. Or well, you can move it, but you can't change the values. The switch is stuck in between 4 and 3.

Also, my scroll lock key is blinking, and windows lock doesn't work. Lights don't work either.

Keyboard is K70 RGB, running latest CUE and hardware update.

It doesnt change the values?? If the lights are flashing your stuck in BIOS mode...

Yeah, that was the problem. The switch on the inside (the one connected to the outside switch, showing 8, 4, 2 and 1) apparently went "off track". Had to open up the keyboard and reset it back to 1.

However, if this happens again, is there a way to change without opening the whole thing?

Yeah, that was the problem. The switch on the inside (the one connected to the outside switch, showing 8, 4, 2 and 1) apparently went "off track". Had to open up the keyboard and reset it back to 1.

However, if this happens again, is there a way to change without opening the whole thing?

Not that i know of. This is the first case where i head of the switch going off track. I wouldn't move that switch unless you need to get to BIOS mode for older BIOs to pick up the device.

Archived