Corsair Community

M65 Collapsed middle click

CodilX

As the title says, the middle click collapsed.

My M65 warranty has ended so I took a peek inside and saw that the transparent plastic part that comes out of the scroll wheel and sits on the middle click button is broken off. The scroll still works, but the click is gone.

I'll try and superglue the thing back together, but I'm wondering if there is a replacement part or something?..

Well I glued the piece back in, couldn't get it centered properly so had to file of quite a bit to get it to fit and it still gets stuck..

Corsair, could you pleeaaassee send a replacement mouse wheel, I'd be happy to put it in myself.. You could also throw in a new switch because the current one isn't doing that well too...

20170301_162141.thumb.jpg.2bd6c8830036a938b5713c4e1d0a4c52.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well nearly after 2 years I have FINALLY fixed the mouse wheel. All hail 3D printing.

I modeled the mouse wheel in Fusion 360 and printed it. Works like a charm. I've added a link so if anyone has a broken mouse wheel they can print a working replacement (there are tons of 3D printing services if you don't own one or know anyone who has one).

Still wish Corsair offered a replacement ..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3257392

rh0FOtIm.png ZfEH43Pm.jpg

You could try looking on ebay for something similar, because the mouse wheel encoder it fits into is pretty standard. I recently ordered some replacement encoders from China (pennies) and soldered one into my M65 rgb. It's as good as new, but now I'm not sure whether to use it or the Logitech G502 which I got cheap in the black friday sales. The M65 feels better (more accustomed to it), but that multipurpose wheel on the G502 is pretty awesome.

Archived