Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine - Constantly Corrupting Profiles

Hello, I just recently purchased the Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro, it's a wonderful mouse, easily the best mouse I've ever had, or even had the pleasure to see with my own eyes.

Sadly the CUE from first impressions isn't as up-to-par.

While playing games, Arma 3, Fallout 4, Fallout NV, etc. I'm having this issue where the mouse will suddenly freeze for a split second and then come back with a different DPI settings, binds not working, and LEDs are a completely different color.

If I tab out of my game and open CUE, it'll give me a prompt saying the profiles got corrupted and to re-upload them to the mouse, so I click 'Okay' and then I have to restart CUE.

This happened probably upwards of 20 times within 3 days-ish of owning the mouse. I've reinstalled the software twice hoping it was just a installation issue, but the problem persists.

After coming to the forums I've seen other threads talking about this issue, some are 1-2 months ago, and sadly it's seems that there has been an update since this issue without any fix. I've already sent in a ticket to support, and I haven't gotten a response yet, but I'd like to bring awareness to this on the forums so hopefully someone from the Corsair team could bring awareness of this to the development team.

I usually don't like to say this because it sounds a bit snarky, but if there hasn't been an update or some kind of patch roll-out within a few weeks I'm probably going to ship it back to NCIX. I don't want to risk being stuck with a mouse that I can't really use, is all.

~ But seriously, probably the best mouse I've ever had the pleasure of using.

I attached the most recent log file, as I know you guys like to see them.

2017-06-20T18-15-41.log

Have you updated the firmware on the device? PM your ticket number and Ill have Victor from Tech Support contact you.

I just got a response from the support team, I did what they told me (reinstall after deleting profiles in Local Appdata). So far so good, but sometimes it takes longer than other times for it to get corrupted, but I have hope. :)

Edit: I already had updated the firmware. :)

Archived