Corsair Community

Got my RMA today that still does not work. (Vengeance 2000)

thomja

Hello!

So I'll get to the point. When the mic is down and you have a charger in you get a HORRIFYING sound in the earcups. It is actually worse then the headset I sent away for an RMA. Way worse. This however is a known problem. I got my new RMA today which according to the chat I had with a corsair employee is a new version of the 2000. But apparently the only if they made was to strengthen the plastic which is good of course but the headset has some SERIOUS issues. And the "tssssssssssssss" noice is still there in the background. I have the latest drivers and I have tried several different ones but none seems to fix this problem.

Now I have read on this forum that the old 1.1.1 driver fixes this issue but I can't find it anywhere. Could someone upload it somewhere or link it?

I took my time to make a video showing this problem. BUT BEWARE! THE SOUND IS ACTUALLY 5 TIMES WORSE IN REALITY! Fraps only manages to catch some of it. Now this video is "Unlisted" but if the problem does not get fixed then I will make a new video explaining the issue for other people to see!

[ame]

[/ame]

Update:

ALRIGHT!!!

Let's update this thread!!

So I spoke to Corsair via their ticket system. Now all of a sudden they were more than happy to offer me a Vengeance 2100 as a replacement for my Vengeance 2000. I am now using the latest 2.0.26 Drivers.

Guess what?

THE VENGEANCE 2100 HAS THE SAME ******* PROBLEM AS THE VENGEANCE 2000 WHEN IT COMES TO THE HISSING NOICE AND THE MICROPHONE ISSUE! NOT ONLY HAT BUT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE CONFIRMED THAT THE ISSUE WITH THE NOICE YOU GET WHEN THE MICROPHONE IS DOWN AND YOU ARE CHARGING WAS FIXED

http://i.imgur.com/wIA96TC.jpg

Alright so I'm gonna go ahead and bump this aswell as saying that when I asked for the 1.1.1 drivers in a ticket I get a reply saying that they have created a new ticket for a new RMA -.-

I JUST WANT MY DRIVERS! NO VENGEANCE 2000 HEADSET IN THE WORLD WORKS PROPERLY WITH THE CURRENT DRIVERS!

• 3 weeks later...

ALRIGHT!!!

So I spoke to Corsair via their ticket system. Now all of a sudden they were more than happy to offer me a Vengeance 2100 as a replacement for my Vengeance 2000. I am now using the latest 2.0.26 Drivers.

Guess what?

THE VENGEANCE 2100 HAS THE SAME ******* PROBLEM AS THE VENGEANCE 2000 WHEN IT COMES TO THE HISSING NOICE AND THE MICROPHONE ISSUE! NOT ONLY HAT BUT A CORSAIR EMPLOYEE CONFIRMED THAT THE ISSUE WITH THE NOICE YOU GET WHEN THE MICROPHONE IS DOWN AND YOU ARE CHARGING WAS FIXED

yes ,the rest of your post is understandable and id be upset also but corsair will do their best to take care of things for you

Well Corsair support has been good I think. But when it comes to these very big and serious problems they for some reason has not been fixed even tho they have been around for an extremely long time. I think it is a driver problem because my first Vengeance 2000 did not have this problem as far as I can remember. But what do I know?

This is a joke... Come on Corsair, we paid good money for this, since some has manage a workaround, it has to be fixable..

Agreed, this should have a high priority and for the love of god do some testing on the headset before saying "We have fixed the issue!".

ALRIGHT!!!

Guess what?

it must be in your system because mine work great(2100's), no hissing (even when plugged in and using them) or unplugged (on wireless). Maybe its the software (to a point) when installed on your system...also filled in your specs so other people can see what you have to help(if they can) you further.....

• 2 weeks later...
The charging noise is caused by not having "ground" (earth) connection in your electrical installation, or not connected to your computer / other kind of power supply

I get the grounding part of your sentence.... It is grounded. Still gives me that noise.

Archived