Corsair Community

Memory doesnt work, need Help to confirm that is compatible with the motherboard/CPU!

skyporto

Hi guys, im Florin from Portugal, i have a asrock motherboard N68C-S UCC, and and older AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ CPU, and i just both a memory Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600, and i plug the memory in, and the computer doesn't boot, it starts, it doesn't beep(like it would be dmged) but nothing appears on the screen, cant open bios, nothing! and when i plug the DDR2 from the older motherboard the computer works fine!The board has dual memory slots, for DDR2 and DDR3!

I just need a bit of help, to know if the motherboard is not good for the memory, or my CPU? Or it can be a damaged memory??

Thank you very much in advance!!

PS: the memory has a code, it is CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B, in case it helps!!Ty

Well, these boards that take or are supposed to use either DDr2 and DDR3 memory can be problematic at best.

The first thing I would try is to make sure you remove all your memory , then cleart the CMOS. Thats important. Then insert jst one stick of the DDR3 memory and see if it will boot.

PS: the memory has a code, it is CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B, in case it helps!!Ty

Do you have two of these ? Were they bought as a kit? Or did you buy two single modules?

Archived