Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8

ncalsurfer

Hi Guys, Have this board and Corsair TR3X6G1600C8 (not the "D" series though). I've followed all the settings shown in beginning of this thread but my each slot is only showing me a max of 2048MB of ram in each slot. I have tried 4GB Corsair sticks and 6GB sticks, populating all 3 blue slots. No matter what I do, even after clearing CMOS, removing battery and power, etc, etc, the BIOS only shows 2048MB ram in each slot. I fear this something so ridiculous I'm going to be embarrassed, but I'm at a loss. Please help? Any thoughts?

P.S. I have put 1GB sticks into all 3 blue slots and all 4 blue slots and the full 1GB shows in BIOS.

Hi Guys, Have this board and Corsair TR3X6G1600C8

I've followed all the settings shown in beginning of this thread but my each slot is only showing me a max of 2048MB of ram in each slot. I have tried 4GB Corsair sticks and 6GB sticks, populating all 3 blue slots.

That kit is only a 6gig kit. So each stick would be 2 gigs. 2048mb is 2 gig's. It's showing correctly.

What is the exact part numbers of the other kits you have tried?

P.S. I have put 1GB sticks into all 3 blue slots and all 4 blue slots and the full 1GB shows in BIOS.

Sorry, you lost me on this one. :confused:Can you explain this a little better please?

Well that reply was worse that I anticipated but thank you! This is a hand me down computer and I've been searching the web for technical related issues, didn't bother to look up the ram on Cosair or a retail site.

This whole time I was misreading the sticks because they say 6GB, then the model number. Never realized they were sold as a 3 stick set to provide 6GB total!

Mystery solved, thank you for your reply. I'm going to sulk now :(

Well that reply was worse that I anticipated but thank you!

LOL no worries! Unless you know the part numbers or work with a lot of memory it's something that could be easily overlooked.

Heck, I was more excited about actually helping to solve a mystery rather than be the start of one. It usually starts out with something like "Mr Smith , where were you on the night of...?:eek::p:

Archived