Corsair Community

Force GT 120 GB major problem =/

griid

Hi,

Im having seriuos problem with my disk. See if i can sum up all the things whithout it beeing to long:

Installed win7 64-bit on it. Thought it beeing slow adn it freezed and it took 1 minute to get into the controll panel for example. Got some BSODS (never had them for years)

Got windows installed upgraded my firmware to 1,3 with succes. Went to the bathroom for 5 min. Came back and it was slow and it was thinking a long time to the simpliest tasks. Got BSOD again. Couldnt boot in win. anymore. Got into BIOS the boot order had changed (what?) Fixed that tried to boot in safe mode, and it hangs... im now sitting at a friends computer relly down and sad :)

Im still hoping i could get a stable system on my SSD.

What could be my problem?

Please help!

Thank you

Yes, will do that...

I'm gonna spend all evening here in Sweden trying to fix this mess. Did not know it was this hard to get a stable system on an SSD disk :)

I Will get back if i find anything.

Anyone else have any other solution to this problem i would very much appreciate it! :)

Thanks.

as hard as it is to do.i think you'll need to do a fresh install with all the latest drivers and bios for your board.secure erase the ssd and hopefully it will all be good.if you do please let us know how you get on

What do you mean by "secure erase" by the way?

What does it do/mean?

What do you mean by "secure erase" by the way?

What does it do/mean?

Secure Erase is a command on modern HDD and SDD, on SDD it sets the memory as empty and restores performance back to manufacturer levels.

Make sure your drive is connected to the gray/white ports and not the navy blue.

Secure Erase is a command on modern HDD and SDD, on SDD it sets the memory as empty and restores performance back to manufacturer levels.

Make sure your drive is connected to the gray/white ports and not the navy blue.

Yes, the grey as in intels and not the marvel controller?

Manufacurers level? Meaning i loose the firmware?

If not, how do i execute that command?

Thanks.

Yes, the grey as in intels and not the marvel controller?

Manufacurers level? Meaning i loose the firmware?

If not, how do i execute that command?

Thanks.

It means the drive will be restored to full performance, and make sure its the Intel ports and not the Marvell, Intels SATAIII is faster.

Im still having problem with BSODS after upgraded firmware to 1.3, upgraded bios to the latest... im so sick of this disk now =/

You think i should restore the ssd, install the OS again and deactivate the LPM? Man this is so time consuming corsair should really look at this problem :)

I know many others that are having this problem aswell.

Thank you.

I had the same issue look at my post "no way ton install win7" i tried many things but...

Ditto. I feel like I'm going in circles reinstalling Windows. I want to blame the OS, but I know for a fact that it works just fine on my laptop... so... I am starting to wonder if I can fix the poor drive :(

if you have updated your firmware it is best to Secure Erase it and re-install it. some people have found that enabling the System partition (usually 100 or 200mb usually made during the Windows setup) has helped. and some others tried the LPM fix which again has worked for some but not for all. these are currently temporary fixes. Corsair and Sandforce are looking on to this problem. so far you would have to try some of the temporary fixes before a new firmware is out.

if you are wondering why Corsair released a product and it was faulty.

it is because the SSD was tested on their systems and has passed their internal tests. but when it came out to the public it had a problems. The reason is not every coputer hardware is made the same.For example: Corsair buys a motherboard and it was made like the 12th week of release and another person bought the same one Corsair did but it was made in the 25th week of release during those 13 weeks the manufacturer may have changed where their components are placed for a new revision so this would mean that Corsair has a older version while the other person had a newer version. which can cause problems

if you have updated your firmware it is best to Secure Erase it and re-install it. some people have found that enabling the System partition (usually 100 or 200mb usually made during the Windows setup) has helped. and some others tried the LPM fix which again has worked for some but not for all. these are currently temporary fixes. Corsair and Sandforce are looking on to this problem. so far you would have to try some of the temporary fixes before a new firmware is out.

if you are wondering why Corsair released a product and it was faulty.

it is because the SSD was tested on their systems and has passed their internal tests. but when it came out to the public it had a problems. The reason is not every coputer hardware is made the same.For example: Corsair buys a motherboard and it was made like the 12th week of release and another person bought the same one Corsair did but it was made in the 25th week of release during those 13 weeks the manufacturer may have changed where their components are placed for a new revision so this would mean that Corsair has a older version while the other person had a newer version. which can cause problems

I do not blame Corsair. Unlike a few other companies which will remain nameless they actually actively try to assist their customers. There are so many variables when it comes to hardware working. It's next to impossible to guarantee anything will work 100%.

Archived