Corsair Community

Corsair Link 3.2.5742 + Hydro H80 Cooler. Continuous reboot request. How to fix it?

Pan_Melas

Good day to all

About two months ago, I started a thread, asking information about the old (now discontinued) Corsair Link Cooling Kit CL-9011105-WW.

In that thread, I received a recommendation by our software engineer red-ray, to get the CL Mini unit instead, since the above Cooling Kit is discontinued. In that discussion, red-ray suggested that the CL 3.2.5742 version should be installed, to allow the CL Mini drive the H80 cooler.

At this moment, I have managed to get and do the following:

- Build a new PC (still on a CoolerMaster Test bench - see below), based on an Asus Z170 Pro motherboard, an Intel i7-6700k (Skylake) CPU and two Samsung 850 Evo SSDs, configured at RAID 0 and running at Windows 10 64-bit OS.

- I am giving power to the H80 through its Molex connector, while the H80 3-pin connector has been connected on the motherboard WATER_PUMP Header. Both H80 Fans are NOT connected on the H80 block connectors, because I detected some problems at the first start-ups, during building of the PC (the fans were not running at normal speed or were occasionally stopping). Instead I have connected both of them on the motherboard CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers. By this way, the motherboard can detect the Water Pump and the cooling fans RPM (DC mode).

- I have selected from the BIOS the Water Cooling Option.

- I have temporarily disabled the Asus AI Suite Utility.

- I have purchased a CL Mini and I have connected it to the motherboard USB 2.0 header, while I have also connected one of its digital ports to the H80 relevant port. I am giving power to the CL Mini through its SATA connector from the PSU, a Corsair HX1050 80 Plus Gold unit.

- For now, the PC is still on a CoolerMaster v1.0 CL-001-KKN1-GP Test Bench, to allow me finish up with its final configuration. Therefore, there are not any additional fans, since the setup is still out of a computer case.

- Today, I installed the 3.2.5742 version of software, following the suggestion of red-ray. The installation was successfully completed and basically the software seems to run well. However, as soon the installation was finished, I received a message that I had to restart my computer, to enable the software changings. I restarted my computer, but since then I keep receiving the same message. Please, observe the screenshot:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae192/Panagiotis_Melas/reboot_dialog.jpg?t=1460803862

No matter how many times I tried to restart my computer, the same small dialog window keeps poping up on my screen and the only way to get rid of it is to disable the Corsair Link software, by opening the Task Manager of the PC and ending the specific task. Also, If I choose to CANCEL the restart, the dialog window keeps poping up continuously (it disappears for a second and then comes on again).

Can someone help me to remedy the situation?

Thanks

-

Thanks, mate. It worked just fine!

I hope that it keeps that way.

By the way, when I opened the download page of Corsair Link software, I saw that there are three more newer versions of the software, all of them launched in 2016. I wonder if anyone of those can be used with the CL Mini/H80 combination.

Or should I stay with the exisiting 3.2.5742 one, required for this combination?

-

Thanks, mate. It worked just fine!

Good, it usually does. None of the CL4 releases are specified to support the H80 by http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646.

I have run all three CL4 releases on my system and they report my H80 as a Cooling Node :eek:. I reported this and have not had a reply.

My H80 is reported as a Cooling Node' date=' same for the H100.[/quote']

Good, it usually does. None of the CL4 releases are specified to support the H80 by http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155646.

I have run all three CL4 releases on my system and they report my H80 as a Cooling Node :eek:. I reported this and have not had a reply.

Very well, thanks.

I' ll stay with the 3.2.5742 version then.

By the way, I may need some additional information, regarding the use of the Thermistors, their connectivity and operation.

But - if needed - this should be a separate thread.

Thank you again.

-

Archived