Corsair Community

hs60 mic

viobot

The little plugin microphone will only output static when i blow really hard on it, and not always. Programs have permissions and i have tested the mic separate from the headset with the same result. 0db levels until you blow hard directly into the mic then maxdb. Quite frustrated as this is supposed to be a headphones and microphone combo.

Well i was going to open a ticket but that requires me to create another account, give all address info before i even talk to anyone and its stated no po boxes and need phone number, before i even talk to anyone. I bought a reasonably expensive headset and the microphone has 0 or maxdb meaning it should have been a factory reject, I was already directed to this forums for tech support, so i registered an account and activated it, i see the forum flooded with similar issues across multiple products. Now I'm being instructed to make a separate account and give all my info before I can get a confirmation that anything will be done.

Pruduct overview : ... "

Crystal Clear Microphone: Optimized unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality and is easily detached for use on the go." ...

"

Premium Build Quality: Legendary CORSAIR build quality featuring rugged metal structural components ensure long term durability."..

but its broken before i can use it.

I'm convinced i need to do a DOA return and get a different brand. its a shame cause the audio is nice, but i cant trust that 1.) i will get a mic 2.) it will be functioning 3.) that it will continue functioning for an extended time 4.)i wont have to return entire set anyway 5.) that the mic quality is any good.

Archived