Corsair Community

Memory compatibility and a noob question.

CarlosEsteves

Hello everybody! I'm new here and I'd like your assistance, if possible, on some questions.

I have a Asus M5A99FX rev 2.0 motherboard, and I'm planning on acquiring a new Corsair memories but this board have restriction on memory usage (A Qualified Vendors List). On the list we have a CORSAIR CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 (Ver8.16)(XMP) 16GB ( 4x 4GB ) listed as compatible memory. My question is, I found a good deal on a CORSAIR CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB (1x 4GB), is It compatible with the listed memory? Another other question is, I want 16GB, can I buy 4 CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 and use them all together? Is it dangerous to buy separate memory packs?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
That particular kit should work just fine on that platform. The general rule of thumb is to not mix kits due to potential issues with running XMP (or AMP/DOCP on AMD), you might have to manually tweak things if you want 1600Mhz with 4 modules cobbled together from separate kits, but in all likelihood, there's a good chance that it'll work just fine. Your mileage may vary of course.

Archived