Corsair Community

Corsair VOID PRO Wireless/USB 'Unspecified'

avexyli

Hey all, I sent this to a CM already but she's pretty busy and figured I could just post the issue here, as it doesn't seem to be an easy fix.

I own the void pro, and it was working fine until a couple days ago. Removing the headset from the USB front panel, using other speakers through the headset 3.5mm jack, and then switching back to the USB headset (after removing the 3.5mm headset) caused the headset to no longer register with Windows 10.

The device does not appear in Device Manager, there is no yellow warning icon. It does not register with CUE, despite multiple reinstallations, reboots. Windows 10 was rolled back to no avail. The device shows up as "Unspecified" under Devices and Printers. This is not the VOID with the dongle, so there is no pairing reset option. Plugging into another Windows 10 installation / separate PC showed the same results. Disabling hardware signatures on restart did not solve the issue. Trying different USBs did not work. If I go through Window's 10s Settings, the headset appears as "Other". Troubleshooting through Windows' troubleshooter seems to think that the USB is going into a 3.0 port, when it isn't. It used to give me a different error regarding the USB connection, and that it was "Fixed", but now tells me all the ports are 3.0.

I've run out of ideas on what to try, and I'm not sure what to do anymore. I don't know if there's warranty for the device since I've had it for about 5 months already without issues.

Do you have the VOID PRO USB or VOID PRO Wireless?

If wireless, Check if the dongle LED is flashing when plugged in. If it is not, the dongle is not working which is why the headset is not detected in CUE. The Unspecified entry is the headset plugged in via the USB cable.

If the dongle is flashing, Is there any device errors in Device Manager? Is it listed under "auydio inputs and outputs" or "sound, video and game controllers"?

If you have the USB headset, If Device Manager does not even detect it as a device with an error on multiple computers, you will likely need a replacement.

Corsair provides a two year warranty for the headsets. Request an RMA below and make sure you attach a copy of your invoice as proof of purchase.

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a new headset, the wireless one, and it doesn't appear once again.

I'm gunna let it fully charge and see if it works when it's not wired, but I'm really confused on what to do now.

EDIT: Plugging in the dongle has it working just fine, but wired does not.

Archived