Corsair Community

CX430 and obnoxious high pitched squealing noise

kl1054

I've owned a CX430 in the past and it made a squealing noise. Used a CX500V2 and it made the squealing noise as well. Now I have a CX430V2 for myself and it makes the same noise.

Everywhere I look, everyone says that their PSU is completely quiet and does not make a high pitched squeal. Did I get three bad PSUs in a row over the past year? Or is it supposed to be like this?

When I took the video, the mic was indeed right up at the PSU, but the noise is quite noticeable even from several feet away.

At 0:03, I switch on the PSU.

At 0:09, I turn on the power.

Everywhere I look, everyone says that their PSU is completely quiet and does not make a high pitched squeal. Did I get three bad PSUs in a row over the past year? Or is it supposed to be like this?

If you have had three entirely different PSU and they all squeal the same i would have to think there is something going on with your MB that is making them do that. Or possible a wiring issue within the house.

Are your outlets properly grounded?

If you have had three entirely different PSU and they all squeal the same i would have to think there is something going on with your MB that is making them do that. Or possible a wiring issue within the house.

Are your outlets properly grounded?

The CX430V1 was used on an ASUS M4A87TD EVO, the CX500V2 was used on an ASUS M4N68T-M V2, and the CX430V2 is currently used on a Biostar A780L3B.

I considered the possibility of electrical problems in my house, so I moved the computer to several different locations in my unit and all three of the outlets I tested them in cause the PSU to make the same noise.

My outlets are indeed grounded but I cannot confirm if they are properly grounded, and as far as I know there is no way for me to check.

Sorry Im out of suggestions. It could be house wiring, depending on what it would be it may affect the whole house and why different outlets do the same thing.

BUT then again it could just be bad luck, or whatever,but it really sounds suspect to me.

Wait a minut, were all three MB in the same case by any chance?

Archived