Corsair Community

iCue constantly dumping devices

scgt1

So I originally only had a Strafe RGB which I kept having issues with it changing from my rainbow effect to flat out dropping the keyboard from the software and defaulting to all red keys (white being the asdw) along with not showing if caps ect was active with the indicator lights at the top of the keyboard. Once I restarted it would go back to my rainbow setting, indicator lights would work, and the keyboard would show in the software.

2 days ago I added a Corsair RGB pro mouse, the headset stand, and hs70se headset to the mix. They all detect at first then icue yet again starts to dump devices. I will hear the device unplugged tone from the other room and peak into the office and see the rgb lighting no longer lit up on the headset stand or my keyboard no longer on rainbow effect. etc. It's random what it does and I haven't been at it with the extra devices long enough to gauge any kind of pattern.

Currently as I sit here I have the following:

Mouse is stuck on two blended rainbow colors, Keyboard is also stuck on partial rainbow colors, Headphone stand is still changing colors, and the usb dongle for the HS70 headset is no longer blinking (which may be normal after a certain amount of time).

In the software I'm seeing:

HS70 headset with the not connected ! because they aren't turned on and it shows the headphone stand.

The keyboard and mouse are missing.

To think I also have an RGB mousepad that I could hook up but at this point what is the point if it's also randomly going to work.

All firmware, drivers, software for the entire computer is up to date. This problem with the keyboard has been going on for months. Nice to know it's not just the keyboard with adding more Corsair RGB products.

Running a fairly new install of Win 10 Pro x64 also. This problem pretty much starts from the get go at least with the keyboard (since I only recently added the extra devices I can't speak for them starting after a fresh os install) after a fresh OS install so I'll just get that out of the way right off before fingers are pointed to that as the culprit.

A couple of questions:

1) Are you chaining everything off of each other: i.e. PC -> Keyboard -> Headphone Holder -> mouse/headphones, etc?

2) Are you using USB3.x (usually blue) to plug things into?

3) Does the keyboard and mouse still function properly with the exception of lighting and iCUE software?

Running all this RGB can consume a bit of power. USB 3.x provides more power than USB2.0. Also chaining to many items and specific items can cause weird issues, if the power draw is to much. I would plug things directly into the PC and not use any pass throughs for now, just to help diagnose the issue. Try to plug all of them into the USB3.0 ports.

Lastly have you tried this on any other computer to see if you can replicate the issue? If you are seeing similar issues with all your Corsair products, it might be something with your machine or with iCUE.

Also can you zip up any logs or enable logging and upload it to this site?

A couple of questions:

1) Are you chaining everything off of each other: i.e. PC -> Keyboard -> Headphone Holder -> mouse/headphones, etc?

2) Are you using USB3.x (usually blue) to plug things into?

3) Does the keyboard and mouse still function properly with the exception of lighting and iCUE software?

Running all this RGB can consume a bit of power. USB 3.x provides more power than USB2.0. Also chaining to many items and specific items can cause weird issues, if the power draw is to much. I would plug things directly into the PC and not use any pass throughs for now, just to help diagnose the issue. Try to plug all of them into the USB3.0 ports.

Lastly have you tried this on any other computer to see if you can replicate the issue? If you are seeing similar issues with all your Corsair products, it might be something with your machine or with iCUE.

Also can you zip up any logs or enable logging and upload it to this site?

Well until 2 days ago all I had for Corsair iCue products was the Strafe which is only usb 2.0 and was connected to usb 3.0 connections on my computer and icue was dumping the keyboard from detection in the program in turn killing the color setting and making it the default all red keys with a, s, d, w, and the arrow keys white. So the start of the problem had no chaining devices and the keyboard was connected to plenty of power due to being a 2.0 device connected to a 3.0 port.

The keyboard still worked other then lighting up the proper indication keys at the top of the keyboard for caps, scroll, etc. So I would never know if Caps is on or not. All keys otherwise seem to work fine when icue decides to dump they keyboard from detection. I've only had the mouse for two days but it seems to function properly when icue also dumps it from detection.

Fast forward to 2 days ago when I added the extra Corsair products to the mix. The keyboard is still connected to usb 3.0 with the M65 PRO connected to the keyboard. The headset stand is connected to a red usb 3.1 terminal because it's a 3.1 device. I have the HS70 SE headset dongle connected to the top usb 3.1 on the headset stand. I mean hell they do show the thing with a usb headset or wireless mouse dongle in the same exact spot. You would think it should work fine.

ATM everything is showing up in icue after a restart and all colors are cycling as they should I'll try and see if there is a time frame it decides to dump things but my computer just sits idle if I'm not on it (not set to sleep/hybernate) and I can return a while later to something/everything not working (colors and detection). So it's not like I'm doing something specific on the computer to make it crap out. I've been just sitting here browsing Firefox and watched the rgb lighting go out on the headset stand before and the same with the keyboard in the past just going red/white while scrolling on a browser page.

I do have another computer (game rig) with icue running but prefer not to muck it up with connecting everything to it. I don't have a single issue with it dumping settings/devices so I'm not going to mess with it. All 7 LL120's, 3 LL140's, and my Corsair RGB ram work just fine on it. Many people only have one computer and are unable to test the issue with a second machine. Therefore I won't be connecting more devices to it for testing purposes so something doesn't go to hell on a properly working setup. LOL

I didn't have the debug box checked but it is now. So I guess when it craps again I'll grab the log files. Do I just attach it to a post reply? I should also add I just verified if the Windows 10 power saving option of selective suspend was active on usb devices and it's disabled so that rules that out as the culprit. I also changed the plan setting from a very custom balanced setting to high performance then re-verified that the usb suspend power option was disabled since changing the plan enabled it. So will see if the high performance option changes anything.

UPDATE

Well colors are still cycling but I have noticed the caps, scroll, pause indicator lights aren't changing with a key press but those keys are working. This is odd because any other time the indicator lights work just fine until icue dumps the keyboard and it switches to default colors. Seems the buttons on the mouse are doing as they should so it's just they special key indicator lights don't change on the keyboard.

Well it's nearly 10pm and I've been out of the office for a good part of the day so I don't know when it dumped things.

Keyboard is back to defaults.

Headphone stand is black nothing is lit.

Mouse is still cycling colors.

Icue is only showing the mouse and the disconnected headphones. Remember the headphone usb dongle is connected to the headphone stand so how Icue no longer sees the stand but sees the headphones with a yellow ! (they aren't powered on) who knows.

Nothing changes on the log if we are supposed to be looking at device count. It's the same from top to bottom. I can zip and upload it if need be but other then time nothing really changes.

Update

Well my computer started randomly freezing on blue dump screens but never moving beyond 0%. The errors also weren't related to any stop codes so I ran sfc /scannow and it kept failing saying it was unable to repair. Ran the usb stick to try and repair windows and it wouldn't repair either. It was telling me I had a corrupted bootres.dll.

I ended up downloading the windows iso media, mounting it, and reinstalling windows over my install with keeping personal files. Immediately after it was complete I ran sfc /scannow again and it repaired errors. Why on earth does windows install with problems out the box who knows. At least it repaired them and I didn't have to venture down the road of rebuilding the bootres.

So I guess time will tell if the problems with windows is why I was having issues with the Corsair products and iCue. So far so good but I did just finish all the above.

Archived