Corsair Community

How can i fix this?

Jerre03

Hello,

I have a problem with my corsair LINK (who's not :) LOL)

My PC:

Windows Ultimate 7 64bit

Corsair H100i

Corsair Commander mini

CorsairLink v2.7.5361

The problem is that the corsair link software my commander reads as a H100i

I had several install and uninstall with different software versions, different usb slots, but nothing seem's to work. Is there a proper way to reflash the commander or is the problem in the read out of the usb internal?

Here's a pic where only the commander is connected.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/Celiske/CorsairProblem_zps733ac303.jpg

Have you tried deleting the temporary files created by the LINK software in %Appdata%\Corsair then resetting the program to default after a software restart?

Thanks for you're replay and yes i have. Only the resetting where you talking about not. I don't know how to do that.

Only i think it's a problem with the firmware of the commander.

How is the H100i connected? Is this via USB or via a C-Link cable to the CL Mini? I am wondering if the H100i is connected via USB and the CL Mini is not being seen at all.

If you post [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] screen shots generated by my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility then this should provide some insight. It's best to exit CL before running SIV.

How is the H100i connected? Is this via USB or via a C-Link cable to the CL Mini? I am wondering if the H100i is connected via USB and the CL Mini is not being seen at all.

If you post [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] screen shots generated by my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility then this should provide some insight. It's best to exit CL before running SIV.

In this problem i have only connected the Commander, H100i is running only on the sata connector.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/Celiske/Naamloos_zps555532ac.jpg

OK, both use SATA for power, but what about the USB/C-Link cables how are they connected? Do you have a photo showing how the two devices are connected? Were it the CL Mini the firmware version would be 1.1.04 or 1.1.06 and given it's 1.0.07 I think the H100i is an H100i and I suspect the CL Mini is not being detected by Windows. I would double check the CL Mini is connected to a USB header as I think it's the H100i.

If both the CL Mini and H100i are connected via USB then [uSB Bus] should list two Corsair Integrated USB Bridges. What happens if you connect both devices by USB?

With [Link Status] active what happens if you unplug the H100i SATA cable, wait for 5 seconds and then re-plug it?

If you use [Link Lights] to change the LED colour what happens. To do this set a new colour and then press [Apply].

You have a several phantom Corsair Integrated USB Bridges. If you wish to get rid of them do what https://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539?wa=wsignin1.0 says.

Thanks for you're help

At this moment only the Commander is plugd in, no link to H100i and no usb to H100i. its just the commander that is plugged in. That's why i have no freaking idea what the hel is wrong.

I even let the commander out for a day and even that doesn't do nothing, i'm gonna try your windows-link.

But maybe i need to tell you a little bit more, first it worked like it should, but when i saw temps blinking red and sometimes a freeze in the software is where i started to experiment with other software versions.

I tried installing the very first version and tried to upgrade everything and then it went wrong, after reboot fans started to go loose. now i only use the commander to give power to the led stripe, but that's one hell of a expensive led bar :), so i think that the software flashed the commander firmware to a H100i firmware.

I try to chances the color of the led like you said but it doesn't do much or do the wrong thing (not the correct color)

Did you use an old version of CL to update the firmware on the CL Mini? I am wondering if it thought that the CL Mini was an H100i and installed the H100i firmware. I wonder if it's possible to trick CL 2.7.5361 to install the correct firmware.

Currently I guess you have CLink_H100i_v1.0.7.s19.gz installed on the CL Mini and suspect if you copy CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz to CLink_H100i_v1.1.6.s19.gz then start CL this may do the trick!

After doing this delete CLink_H100i_v1.1.6.s19.gz before connecting your H100i.

It's now a case of how brave do you feel? Assuming CL installed the incorrect firmware then if this does not work I would be inclined to RMA the CL Mini. Corsair are far better at processing RMAs than writing software :laughing:

Currently I guess you have CLink_H100i_v1.0.7.s19.gz installed on the CL Mini and suspect if you copy CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz to CLink_H100i_v1.1.6.s19.gz then start CL this may do the trick!

Great thinking, this did the trick, i installed CL V2.7.5339 and updated the H100i (that's is the Commander mini) custom, to the LinkChassisFW firmware in the install folder and the software recognize the Commander Mini back as Commander Mini.

Many thanks for the help!!

Now how do i need to connect the H100i back? can i only use the Linkcable to the commander or do i need to use the usb cable as well? Just the linkcable is nicer to see.

Now how do i need to connect the H100i back? can i only use the Linkcable to the commander or do i need to use the usb cable as well? Just the linkcable is nicer to see.

I am happy to hear it worked and the Mini is now a Mini.

Just use the C-Link cable. If you connect both strange things happen.

The best version of CL is always the latest version. I recommend ignoring anyone who recommends old versions as these do silly things such as loading the H100i firmware into a CL Mini :ar:.

Archived