Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 Spacebar Changed?

mcollette

Hello,

I just ordered (Amazon) and received the Corsair Vengeance K70 (non-RGB) w/ Cherry MX Brown switches, and everything is perfectly fine.. But.. then I noticed that my spacebar is not textured.

Everything I've looked into shows me that my spacebar should have the same texture as the optional WASD and 1-6 keys that come with the keyboard, but instead I seem to have received a spacebar that has a small slit to let the red LED shine through, and otherwise is just like the typical spacebar.

It's such a small thing, but it feels like something that should be noted somewhere that the spacebar has changed, or that all the pictures on the site, and even on the box it came in, shouldn't include the spacebar being textured. I would expect the wear on the textured spacebar to be less notable over time than a regular spacebar, and given that I've had keyboards in the past with spacebars that do present notable wear, I was looking forward to the textured spacebar.

There's already fading on the spacebar, and I just unboxed this keyboard an hour ago. Can I somehow get the old spacebar? :\

318448339_20141202_1333591.thumb.jpg.43b19034da598803662560d164b120eb.jpg

• Corsair Employee

hi Mcollette,

Non-RGB keyboards should have a textured spacebar - I'll check to see if something was changed during later production but if you PM me with your name/address/phone number, I'll get one sent out to you. I may have an extra somewhere here.

• 1 month later...
hi Mcollette,

Non-RGB keyboards should have a textured spacebar - I'll check to see if something was changed during later production but if you PM me with your name/address/phone number, I'll get one sent out to you. I may have an extra somewhere here.

Hi Corsair James,

I got the same keyboard today(absolutely love the keyboard) and found out my spacebar wasn't textured as shown on the box too. Can you let me know how I can get it? Thanks.

Please see the photo from the follwing dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv9zasalboobm2n/2015-01-22%2020.42.27.jpg?dl=0

Archived