Corsair Community

K70 Not Working Windows 8.1 Login

Glen_Accounting

I just got my K70 and I'm having an issue when logging into Windows 8.1

The keyboard is not being recognized and therefore I can't type my password to log in to windows. I've used both my old keyboard and the on-screen accessibility keyboard to log in twice. It worked one time in between those two.

If anyone has any suggestions? might be worth noting that the Corsair software has consistently failed on me. I've also got a Corsair gaming m65 that has been laggy with the software.

Mouse firmware updated Thursday, keyboard Friday (both on the days I first installed).

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Corsair Employee
Are you using the RGB keyboard in the same USB port as your old keyboard? The lights may not come on (we're working on resolving this as its due to how the motherboard does USB enumeration) but the keyboard should still register inputs even without lighting.

Are you using the RGB keyboard in the same USB port as your old keyboard? The lights may not come on (we're working on resolving this as its due to how the motherboard does USB enumeration) but the keyboard should still register inputs even without lighting.

Thanks for replying James I appreciate it!

The problem isn't just the lights. The software completely shuts down, so my keyboard and my mouse will randomly go to default mode (which means my mouse is very slow as default goes to lowest DPI, and clicking the button on my mouse won't increase the DPI until a minute or two later).

I feel like I've exhausted all options. I've plugged this in in the back (once where the old keyboard was, but later in a different port), and with all variations (two usb 2.0's with arrows in first, two usb 3.0's arrows in first, one usb 3.0 with keyboard only). I've moved from 1 polling rate to 8. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the software, rerun the firmware update for the keyboard, and nothing seems to work.

When I boot up, my Motherboard beeps (I think, I'm not very tech savvy) and a message comes up saying no keyboard detected. When I get to the windows 8.1 login screen, my keyboard won't work for about 10 seconds and then usually it gets recognized and I can type my password on my keyboard, otherwise I have to use the digital Accessibility keyboard.

On top of that, my mouse will just randomly reset too. I'm guessing this is a an issue with the software?

Does this sound like anything that Corsair is working towards for a solution? I'm willing to wait if I think it's going to get fixed, as I love the look and feel of my M65 mouse and K70 keyboard. I'm just worried I spent a bunch of money on products that won't work properly.

Could it be my motherboard? I've read a few people with problems with the Z87-A 1150 but that could just be because of it's popularity and therefore likelihood to have an issue.

Sorry for rambling, TIA!

• Corsair Employee

Try the newest version here Glen: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.2.74.zip

This will resolve the DPI issue (as long as you set one of the 5 values to default) so it doesn't constantly reset itself to 400 dpi).

It sounds like your motherboard isn't enumerating the USB ports correctly for the keyboard. Go to your BIOS, disable USB legacy devices, and enable ErP under your power settings. Set sleep state to S3 as well. With Z87 boards as well, ensure you're also on the latest BIOS to ensure USB compatibility.

Let me know if this helps.

Try the newest version here Glen: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.2.74.zip

This will resolve the DPI issue (as long as you set one of the 5 values to default) so it doesn't constantly reset itself to 400 dpi).

It sounds like your motherboard isn't enumerating the USB ports correctly for the keyboard. Go to your BIOS, disable USB legacy devices, and enable ErP under your power settings. Set sleep state to S3 as well. With Z87 boards as well, ensure you're also on the latest BIOS to ensure USB compatibility.

Let me know if this helps.

James, ran updated bios to be safe and updated to newest CUE. Many of my issues have cleared up!

The lingering issue is that on startup it says that no devices are detected, but startup is much more quick, almost back to normal. I'd like to make those changes in the BIOS but I'm not very familiar with it.

I'm trying to look up tutorials and literature to learn, hopefully I can get this 100% resolved that would be awesome.

Glad to hear Glen!

To enable ErP, it should be listed in the manual since its just a power saving feature.

Does this screenshot help?

attachment.php?attachmentid=19673&stc=1&d=1414716112

James that's awesome, yes it did! Now I don't get the error, everything works great. It takes a short while to load my profiles (stays on defaults of red/white for keyboard and red/blue for mouse) but that's just waiting for CUE I'm guessing, and it's not even something I'd complain about just thought i'd mention it in case for future troubleshooting.

If anyone's reading this, I found this video helpful as well to navigate the bios, and in conjunction with screenshot makes it really easy!

[ame]

[/ame]

Archived