Corsair Community

Backplate for H40 doesnt fit.

dashdot

That's surprising and unless your backplate is defective, you might be confused. Check the sticky's on this forums main page and check the H50 and H70 information, which should help. I don't think anyone has posted anything about H40 installation problems in this forum. It should work on a 155 board just fine.

For some of the Hxx models mounting it crooked is correct. The holes align just fine, but it "feels" wrong because the hole in the bracket isn't parallel to the socket.

Yes, thats why I was wondering. because it looks quite strange :P

oh well. it works anyway.

For some of the Hxx models mounting it crooked is correct. The holes align just fine, but it "feels" wrong because the hole in the bracket isn't parallel to the socket.

I can only get 3 holes to line up on my Zotac Z68-ITX 1155 board, I've looked at it everyway to Sunday and there is NO WAY the bracket can fit on this board!

Is there a special bracket required for an ITX board??...If so, it would've been nice to have that listed somewhere, I may now have a useless cooler that I'll have to return to NCIX and pay a 15% re-stocking fee! Not a happy camper:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
I can only get 3 holes to line up on my Zotac Z68-ITX 1155 board, I've looked at it everyway to Sunday and there is NO WAY the bracket can fit on this board!

Is there a special bracket required for an ITX board??...If so, it would've been nice to have that listed somewhere, I may now have a useless cooler that I'll have to return to NCIX and pay a 15% re-stocking fee! Not a happy camper:mad:

Did you ever get the back plate on? I also have the H40 on an Asus mini-itx board. At first it seemed like it would never line up. But eventually I figured out the proper setup.

For the 1155 socket, all the threaded inserts have to be pushed in the left hole of the 3 holes in each corner, when viewed from the side the inserts are pushed in.

Even with the inserts in the correct holes, it acts like they don't all want to line up at first, but they will. The opening in the backplate will be slightly clockwise to the socket backplate, so it looks strange, but in the end does a good job of creating a secure mount for the pump.

Archived