Corsair Community

HX650 Fan

m00rek

hi there.

i have had my PSU for about one year and lately (~4, 5 days ago) the fan starts to blow at 100 % everytime i shut down my system. it's not just for a short period, it doesn't stop unless i hit the power off switch on the back of the PSU.

i read about similar issues with asus p5b-e and triet to disable the IE1394-device (firewire), but it didn't change. also i tried several different BIOS features (usually i'm on "low power consumption", i tried "high performance" and "balanced" as well), and i also didn't change something on windows power saving settings.

does anybody have a clue? kind of sucks to switch off my computer everytime manually. even a re-installation of Win7 or flashing BIOS couldn't help. unfortunately i don't have another PSU to try and change..

my sys:

MB: ASUS M5A99X Evo

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-14900U CL9

GPU: AMD ATI 6850

PSU: Corsair HX650

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately, I have no idea what would be causing that.

The PSU fan should only be controlled by load and temperature. The motherboard really has no control over the PSU fan. I seriously doubt your power consumption is peaking right when you shut down and there should be very little load. So it could be just a bad PSU.

i purchased it on october 28 2013. how long does warranty last?

where do i send it to?

thanks for your support so far.

/e: is it possible for corsair to first send ME a new device? i can't afford to not have a running system at the moment..

Archived