Corsair Community

1500 V2 microphone issues(Playing through my speakers instead of my headphones)

Tokega

Hi!

First of all; I'm really happy with my purchase of the 1500 V2 as I think they sound really good, they are comfortable and they also look good.

Now, my issue: I have both speakers and the 1500 V2 connected to my computer, so I can switch between them. After I turn on my computer and switch to the 1500's via the "Playback Devices" it seems to bork my mic.

For example if I play a game with chat, other players cannot hear me and if I go to the headset control panel and click the mic check button, the sounds comes through my speakers instead of the headphones.

I hope I have explained myself good enough :-)

Regards, Tokega.

Hey Toasted.

Yes very clearly, but this was not my issue.

I want my voice to NOT come out of my desk speakers, when I use the Microphone Check button in the Corsair Headset Control Panel.

I want that sound in my headset.

http://i.imgur.com/Ri7ZhYV.png

Is it something wrong with the Corsair drivers or is Windows being an idiot?

It sounds more like a settings issue.

Make sure the headset is the default playback and communications device in Windows.

Right-Click speaker icon (notifications tray)>Playback Devices>Right-click the headset.

It might be better to use Window's "Listen" feature instead of the Mic check in the Corsair software. They are basically both the same thing.

Recording tab>Properties>Listen>Tick the box and make sure you select either default playback device or the headset it self>apply>ok. You should now be able to hear the mic from the headset.

Well it works and I can clearly hear myself when I use that 'listen' feature.

I have not yet tried it in a game, to see if it works.

But do I have to hear myself all the time now, if I want to communicate in a game?

When I have the 'listen' feature on and the checkbox in the Corsair control panel, I can hear my voice both in the headphones and the speakers at the same time.

I think I forgot to mention that if I remove the drivers and reinstall them, I do not have this problem.

Thanks for your help so far Toasted.

EDIT: I just found out that if I unplug and replug the headset, all sound goes through them, even the voice testing feature of the Corsair control panel. Strange...

hearing your voice on the headset is useful in games (just set it fairly low).

when the sound in game gets intense, and your talking, you dont know how loud you are speaking, and would tend to raise your voice more because the earcups are blocking your voice a bit.

Archived