Corsair Community

Voyager air networking help

Darkmouse20001

Hello,

I have a question regarding the voyager air 2 and how it handles WiFi networking. This may seem like a silly question, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

To cut a long story short, I have a naim mu-so wireless speaker system - the muso is able to access high quality lossless music formats via network connection - ie upnp ethernet, which I know the air 2 supports. The speaker is controlled by an android app, but only when both the android device and speaker are on the same wireless network (obviously) - this connection needs to be WiFi, not Bluetooth for full control of the speaker and it's nas attached music library.

For various reasons, I do not have my own WiFi router - I live in very large shared accommodation and pay to access a 'public' WiFi service.

In order to use my mu-so to its full ability I obviously need a WiFi router and some form of nas - which led me to the voyager air, as it would seem to kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, my question is, would it be possible to hard wire the air to the mu-so via ethernet and have the muso act as a upnp server and concurrently use the voyager WiFi function to effectively network my android phone and the mu-so?

I can see no reason why this shouldn't be possible - however I may have missed something and would just like to double check before I pull the trigger!

Cheers,

James

Thanks for the reply - the speaker doesn't need Internet. I suppose the basic question is whether the speaker and my phone, whilst both connected to the V.A. Hotspot will be able to communicate with each other in the same manner as via a traditional wireless network ie. Does the V.A. Create a LAN?

Archived