Corsair Community

Random Shutdowns or restarts! And various problems!

Apocalypthus

Hi!

I'm using google translator because I do not speak English , I apologize if something is not understood correctly.

I come to ask your help with a problem that is presenting my pc , looking for guidance and a solution to the problem, first here I leave the specs of the pc:

Motherboard: Asus RoG Crosshair V Formula Z.

Ram: 16GB Gskill @ 1600 Mhz (capacidad máxima 2133mhz).

CPU: AMD Fx 8350 8 cores 4.01 Ghz

HDD: 1Tb Western Digital @ 7200 rpm.

SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SATA III

VGA: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme 4 GB

Cooling system: CM Seidon 120M

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze

x3 aditional fans for the case.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x 64bits

Well the problem is that the pc shuts off randomly, sometimes without even moving from bios, sometimes when it comes to windows, and sometimes I use it for 10 minutes to 1 hour until it reaches off.

Sometimes it shuts down and restarts itself, and when it is off about 3-5 times in a row (without leaving one off while), it turns off and check the cpu red LED light and I disconnect everything from the motherboard (the processor to remove it socket) for the pc restart normally.

I can safely say that is not elevated temperatures, since I've been monitoring for several days temperatures (with HWmonitor) and everything is within range, the cpu at 30-40 °, video cards 30-60 °, and everything else equal standard.

It is normal that when you touch the cabinet, you get a small electric shock?

PS: I'm currently testing the motherboard out of the cabinet, connecting only one graph, 2 dual channel ram, processor and hard drives and in the same way off.

Following that remove the SSD and the HDD and just let him try to install the operating system from a USB HDD, and to my surprise the installation of windows stay at 1% and hence did not pass.

After that I proceeded to turn the pc, change the SATA cable with a new one, and tried to reinstall windows, and in less than 20 mins had the windows operating only in the hdd, install a driver update video, and ran wow, and more pc does not turn off for about 30 mins. (Was the maximum time I could try since I had to shut down because they had to go to work).

In short it is more than that, I hope any help you can give me, I would be very grateful!

Edit1: Just try this guide, and everything worked perfectly . http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support...power-supplies

Edit2: Yesterday also gave me a problem with the ssd , which recognized it as if it were a traveler data ( gave me the option to remove him as if he were a usb)

Edit3: The problem is spending more than a month ago, but was absent just over two weeks ago , then last week I was checking my facebook, and pc is turned off but not restart as it always does , and marked red light cpu , anyway , I proceeded to remove the power outlet, and remove two slots of ram memories, then I started my computer and worked normally for two hours, but when turned off, stayed on the screen oFF about 20 minutes, so I had to turn it off by force.

I have not used more since then.

There could be a short somewhere that is causing the PSU to shut down.

You said you tested it outside of the case with hard drives (multiple?). Can you try it with less drives? No drives?

At the moment i dont have my pc, but i will try this the next week, like thursday when i get it back.

Archived