Corsair Community

1200i self test no light comes on.

Blanco111

My 1200i powered up my new build computer a few months ago. I had to replace the motherboard (msi x99s sli plus) because I broke the original one (my fault). I left all the cables installed in the psu. Then when the new motherboard arrived, I replaced it and reattached all the cables.

Then I had to wait for a new graphics card to arrive. Then I had to be out of town for awhile.

This week, I attempted to start my new build (first time with new mobo and graphics card), but now the Corsair 1200i doesn't power up the computer. I do see a small "Power 1" button on the motherboard light up. But the computer doesn't start. The psu's fan doesn't start and no light comes on when I press the self test button on the psu.

Can someone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it? This is my first build, so hopefully you will keep it simple.

• Corsair Employee
I left all the cables installed in the psu. Then when the new motherboard arrived, I replaced it and reattached all the cables.

The psu's fan doesn't start and no light comes on when I press the self test button on the psu.

Self test doesn't function when the 24-pin cable is plugged into the PSU. You have to disconnect that cable if you want to self test.

Archived