Corsair Community

Corsair link causing stutter in BF4

Sineira

This sounds like a joke but unfortunately it isn't.

Tried it several times now.

After a while of playing BF4 I get stutter, I ALT/TAB out and kill Corsair link and it disappears. I don';t get it.

Firstly are you 100% you only see this issue when CL is active? If so when CL is active does it get worse the longer CL has been active for?

Before you close down CL how much memory and that % CPU time is it using? It seems to keep using more and more memory when I run it and others have seen it using 100% of a CPU. Either of these could be the root cause.

It's using 10-15% CPU. Not much memory.

to be clear just link is using 10-15% or the total used in the system is 10-15%?

My CL is using 1-3%. 10-15 seems too high to me. I play BF4 a lot and have never had any issues at all...

• 4 months later...
This sounds like a joke but unfortunately it isn't.

Tried it several times now.

After a while of playing BF4 I get stutter, I ALT/TAB out and kill Corsair link and it disappears. I don';t get it.

This issue is most likely related to " Core Parking ".

>open task manager

>select the Performance tab

>open Resource monitor

>select the CPU tab

>look under the CPU cores and see if any are parked

If so it will require a registry edit to disable Core Parking.

It is a very common issue with micro stuttering.

The latest version still consumes too much CPU ...

MSI Afterburner 0.1 - 0.3%

CorsairLINK 5-15%

The reported % CPU time Corsair Link uses depends on how many CPUs you have. I have 24 and superficially it looks quite small. Once you look at what it's actually using it is 53% of one CPU :!:

The screen shot below was taken after CL had been running for 10 hours and the CLs CPU time used is 5:23:50 = 53%.

I did some testing which showed a well written program can fully report and control my CL hardware using < 3% of one CPU. About 60% of this was reporting my 4 GPUs and due to NVAPI reading the Windows registry.

I doubt CL will ever achieve this low a CPU usage and if it does I too will eat my hat :eek: (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3074212/Paddy-Ashdown-given-chocolate-hat-eat-Question-Time-following-comments-ridiculing-exit-poll-accurately-predicted-Lib-Dem-collapse-huge-SNP-gains.html).

attachment.php?attachmentid=21695&stc=1&d=1431168688

CL_07_16.png.1c6b6d05f199306e1459bf21812186e0.png

His issue has nothing to due with the Corsair LINK software. There is no memory leak and or misallocation of system memory resources.

The issue he is facing with stuttering in the game is solely based on Core Parking, it's a very well known issue with the Battlefield series and micro stuttering.

Image showing Core Parking

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/b5ac6e23-92bf-45a0-88c1-02c0979ead80_zpsfr04ua3r.png

Image showing all active cores after Core parking was removed

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/d9e984b8-cd23-4ae4-a14b-e9998fcc4fe9_zpsrghjo6rv.png

You are experiencing stuttering inside the game because by default Windows enables Core parking under the power management features, This feature can be traced back to Windows 7. The stuttering is coming from the Windows power management enabling and disabling the cores to reduce power which in turn causes a spike in the Cores.

This issue affects Processors with 2 or more logical cores.

I don't have that "Processor performance core parking min cores" setting.

Once the Core parking is disabled it will give the option under Processor power management.

To properly disable the Core parking, follow instructions below.

>open search > enter regedit >run admin

Look for registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583

Select "Attributes" >right click >modify >change the value date to " 0 " >exit

Restarting the computer in not necessary but doesn't hurt for good measure.

>next right click start menu and select power option

>make sure the high performance profile is selected

>edit plan setting

>change advanced power setting

>Processor power management (you should now have all four settings)

>values will read 100%, 100%, active, 100% (compare with the picture i posted showing parking disabled)

Archived