Corsair Community

New H100i Installed - Feedback

AlphaBravo

I just installed my new H100i, and I must say that overall I am happy with it.

This new H100i replaces a H100 that was performing fine. This new H100i has the 1.0.5 firmware, and it came with the revised PWM fans.

The H100i looks much nicer (the LED and the thicker hoses) than my H100.

I am running Corsair Link 2.2.0 on Windows 8 64 bit and everything is running fine.

I do have an observation with regard to the fans that came with the H100i. They seem to have what I can only describe in words as a very slight "grrrrrrr" sound (at any speed). My H100 fans did not have this, so I hooked them up to the H100i and they are quieter than the PWM fans that came with the H100i.

In my quest for a more quiet computer, I think that two Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans are in my future.

BTW - I was all set to get a Swiftech H220 when it released, but I really like the looks of the H100i, and I am hoping that when I get around to installing my Corsair Link Lighting and Cooling Nodes, everything will run flawlessly.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on Windows 8 too and I'm glad to know you don't have any issues with Corsair Link, since many people are complaining about it being bugged and that's what frightens me about getting a H100i.

I too have no issues with the link s/w on Win8 Pro. (Using version 2.2. Not tried 2.3 yet)

I am NOT plugging it into internal USB header but using my own cable (mini USB to USB) and plugging it into the external USB3 socket.

Windows see the H100i everytime.

I can control the fans speed and the LED's.

Currently go configured the LED colours to change with the pump temperature and the fans with custom profile (again based on pump temp and NOT CPU temp). Once setup, I can now remove the USB cable and both teh LED's and the fans are controlled correctly - even between reboots and power-cycles.

Been two weeks now.

This is a complete replacement (new h100i with new PWM fans).

I do agree about the fan noises... thought they do not grind at low speeds (as the old 3-pin version), but these new ones do have a distinct noise at all speeds...can't quite describe it but you know the fans are on..

Can definitely be heard at 600 rpm.

I can hear my fans from outside of the room. They are louder than I originally thought. They don't make the grinding noise unless they are mounted to the radiator. In other words, when I test them outside of the case, I don't hear the same noise.

If I mount the fans from my older H100 unit, they seem to make a very, very slight grinding noise. I could live with this amount of noise if I had to.

So here is what I have done so far @ approximately 1000 RPM:

Fans mounted on radiator

H100i PWM fans plugged into H100i = grinding noise

H100 fans plugged into H100i = very, very slight grinding noise

H100i PWM fans plugged into Asus motherboard fan headers = grinding noise

H100 fans plugged into Asus motherboard fan headers = very, very, slight grinding noise

Fans not mounted on radiator

H100i PWM fans plugged into H100i = no noise if held in my hand; noise if set vertically on a plastic surface

H100 fans plugged into H100i = no noise if held in my hand; a little noise of set vertically on a plastic surface

Is it possible that whatever noise I am hearing, whether it is slight or not, is a function of the PWM? I ask this because I do not recall my H100 fans making this grinding noise at all when they were hooked up to my H100 unit (maybe they were not controlled by PWM on that unit, I'm not sure). If that is the case, the H100i fans are still way too loud, and I am thinking a may have a pair of bad fans.

Archived