Corsair Community

Questions on the Air 240

Bleolakri

I have been pondering on this case to see if it can meet my needs for a while...

Does anyone have an exact measurement of the height of the case if it were placed horizontally, with the window facing up, with the feet attached to the bottom?

Also is it possible to replace the 2.5 inch hdd cage with another 3.5 inch cage?

Would love to see if it can handle the storage I plan to put in it and get rid of all my external drives >.<

I have been pondering on this case to see if it can meet my needs for a while...

Does anyone have an exact measurement of the height of the case if it were placed horizontally, with the window facing up, with the feet attached to the bottom?

Also is it possible to replace the 2.5 inch hdd cage with another 3.5 inch cage?

Would love to see if it can handle the storage I plan to put in it and get rid of all my external drives >.<

My 240 measures just over 260mm for the case only. The feet measure ~6.5mm. My system is configured with the window on the side so I can't get that measurement, but if you trying to fit it in something, you'd need 261+7=268mm at a minimum. Of course you could drop the feet and use a cloth or thin pad if you need the extra clearance.

For the SSD cage, you'd need a dremel tool for that mod:roll:

Thanks for the replies, sorry about the delay, been hell-a busy >.<

I'll keep an open mind on the dremel idea once I get the case in my hands and see what I'm getting myself into. :p:

but a new question stirs in my mind, in-case I don't want to do too much potential damage to the case...

I more than likely will atleast get an extra drive cage to improvise a hole, like the video suggest in "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJ0osmQyzU&t=3m46s"

but I wonder if the SSD cage support 15ml thick laptop HDD's that I see that are 4TB on the web...

Archived