Corsair Community

COOL reservoir making lost of noise

Jak191

HI Guys

Ive just bought your COOL water cooling kit but the problem i have is i have air in the reservoir which i cant get out by filling and its making lots of noise so it aint so quite atm

Can you guys help me out with was to fix this problem.

Kind regards

Jak

Heh.. at least yours doesn't leak :biggrin:

Here are some tips:

Make sure that the reservoir is the highest point in the system. Higher than your waterblock, higher than your radiator. Make sure the pump is the lowest point in your system BUT also make sure that the tube from the pump to the reservoir is not too long. If it is, it will restrict the flow and cause air to be sucked in. If it's too far down to your hard drive cage, put the pump in your floppy cage and shorten the tubes. (I gotta follow this advice myself because I get a whackload of air bubbles in my reservoir too.)

keep topping up tell no air is left in the system(may have internal air lock) or match the thread hole to a hose barb fitting an add a hose like "T" line setup

also no fuss filling up again, doing it this way

What K-C is saying ...

Keep topping off the reservoir from time-to-time. This will displace the air and keep more coolant in the system.

Per his recommendation, adding a hose barb fitting onto the fill port of the reservoir may allow you to fill the reservoir even more.

I'm not sure if the above recomendation is a viable solution.

It is possible that the noise is from the coolant moving in/out of the reservoir. If it is, then, switch the coolant tubing "in" to the cooling tubing "out". Also switch the "out" with the "in". Why do this? It is possible that the rushing coolant coming in is hitting the reservoir walls or splattering into the air pockets. Making the switch will change the way the coolant is received inside of the reservoir. The nice thing is, it's a cheap thing to do.

Hi vets

more volume of head will decrease the chance of bubbles, like a sub going to crush depth below waterline.

check for kinked hoses

if bubbles still persisant, i'd say you got cavitation happening , too small of the outlet opening of rez to pump, not enough DIA of hose or mold slag is closing opening, use a drill bit that fits inside id proper then hand drill it. if that doesn't fix it then you need to open the pathway with bigger DIA hose an fittings rez to pump inlet. for testing can you remove rad then WB out of the circuit to check if bubbles are gone after each are removed , bubbles are gone then that is not flowing proper needs to be cleaned out with 15psi compressed air.

its not a case of air bubbles its moving water thats making the noise but the way the res is designed it still holds some air in it is this supposed to have or is there a way to move it?

should be none of bubbles in any flow system, if are then there is a restiction some where in the loop or air being sucked in. or you have the pump filling the the rez first ? tell us more details, flow path an placement(elevation) of hardware

note center of pump is the inlet an outer is the out

should be none of bubbles in any flow system, if are then there is a restiction some where in the loop or air being sucked in. or you have the pump filling the the rez first ? tell us more details, flow path an placement(elevation) of hardware

note center of pump is the inlet an outer is the out

What KC is saying...

The bubbles shouldn't be in the flow lines of the cooling loop. If there is air in the lines, then there is a restriction in the cooling loop or air being pulled into the cooling loop.

Do you have the pump filling the reservoir first? More details are needed to determine the flow path and placement of the hardware.

My two cents...

Bubbles can happen whether the cooling loop is open or not. Trapped air from the radiator, cold block or pump will work out the bubbles over time.

Archived