Corsair Community

Striker II and CM3X2G1600C9DHX

Thorin

I have 8gb of Corsair CM3X2G1600C9DHX ( 4 sticks ) and a Striker II with the latest BIOS. I was able to install Vista64 & SP1 using 2gb of ram with the setting of 7-7-7-20 1T and everything else was auto. I added another 2gb into the other channel slot and windows crashes ( but boots up fine in Safe Mode ). Add another 2gb and it still crashes. The 4th stick is bad ( I’ve run Memtest86 - the 3 other sticks work fine and all 4 slots are good also ) I can’t get to the post screen if the bad stick is in.

I’ve tried changing the ram to 9-9-9-24 1.80v on just 2gb – won’t boot

I’ve adjusted the NB core and the SB Core also.

I’m starting to wonder if this is good ram for my system?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Eric

RMA the stick of memory that fails. If the other sticks pass singly and this one fails, then you need to return the two modules of the kit.

But, if you are trying to get 1T with four sticks OR setting C9 modules to 7-7-7-20 and expecting it to work, well I doubt it.

If you have a stick that fails with 1600C9 in single mode, where another stick passes in that slot, then you have RMA. You are advised to drop the memory speed to 1333Mhz when populating 1600Mhz in all four DRAM slots.

I have 8gb of Corsair CM3X2G1600C9DHX ( 4 sticks ) and a Striker II with the latest BIOS. I was able to install Vista64 & SP1 using 2gb of ram with the setting of 7-7-7-20 1T and everything else was auto. I added another 2gb into the other channel slot and windows crashes ( but boots up fine in Safe Mode ). Add another 2gb and it still crashes. The 4th stick is bad ( I’ve run Memtest86 - the 3 other sticks work fine and all 4 slots are good also ) I can’t get to the post screen if the bad stick is in.

I’ve tried changing the ram to 9-9-9-24 1.80v on just 2gb – won’t boot

I’ve adjusted the NB core and the SB Core also.

I’m starting to wonder if this is good ram for my system?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Eric

Archived