Corsair Community

RBG not working on new HD120 fans

crashnburnxp

So I got an h100i and 6 new hd 120 fans to replace my sp 120 RBG fans in my case. I get everything installed and the RBG won't work on any of the fans except 1. If I unplug that RBG fan header and plug in another one of the RBG fan header for another fan, that fan will work in the previous fans' spot.

Everything worked fine before I upgraded the fans. I have even tried using the fan controller that came with the hd fans and it gives me the same result. All fans have power and spin up and work, just the rgbs won't work.

I'm at a loss here. I need help

So come to find out there wasn't actually a problem. What I ended up doing was I worked on the computer in the kitchen away from where my computer normally resides, installed the new HD120 fans and powered up using just a power cable plugged into an outlet to test if the fans were working. I figured the RGB lighting would have kicked in right away but I was wrong. Finally I said hell with it for now and I had to get the kitchen straightened back up and I put the computer all back together with the HD120 fans installed and I went back downstairs were the computer is normally located and I hooked it all up and got to the desktop, fired up Corsair link, deleted the sp120 fan profiles, setup for the hd120 fans, saved and the lights kicked on.

Archived